• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Issue on station stops Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

There was a second -always existing- bug re reversal points, which didn't generate a complete reversal point in the Val-de-Travers activity.
I have corrected it in x.4196. So this activity led to the correction of two bugs... good test bed!

#12 User is offline   Ernst 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails, MSTS

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 06 September 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

There was a second -always existing- bug re reversal points, which didn't generate a complete reversal point in the Val-de-Travers activity.
I have corrected it in x.4196. So this activity led to the correction of two bugs... good test bed!

Hi Carlo

Thanks, now it works.

#13 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Running X4200
Hello,I also have this problem on an activity I'm developing for the PRR_East_Reg-2 route (unreleased) and only at one of the six station stops. Here is a screen as I approach the stop, everything looks normal on the station display in Autopilot mode. Speed at the picture is about 8 MPH:
Attached Image: DOUBLETAKE1.jpg

The next screen grab is when the train stops:
Attached Image: DOUBLETAKE2.jpg

As can be seen, as soon as the train stops I get a departure fron the station and an arrival at Trenton.

At the south end of the Newark platform, the direction of travel, there is about a 2% downgrade.
I am able to reliably prevent this from happening by pressing EMERGENCY (Backspace) just as the train come to a normally braked halt.
Speculation Alert:
It seems that the train gets these phony entries maybe from not (at first) coming to an absolute stop on the downgrade at the platform and pressing the Emergency key assures a more complete stopping of the train.The log shows nothing out of th ordinary.

Strangely this erratic behavior also happens on the Northbound platform running a different activity and different trainset. NB platform track has the same basic profile . . . a hump at halfway along the platform, IOW downgrade at each end. The same procedure, tripping the Emergency brake as the train comes to a normal halt.

Question:When is the train speed tested to be at a halt for purposes of a station stop?
and:
Could this 'test' be delayed (thinking for about a second) before testing for no train motion?

I watched the HUD but no clue as it looks like consist speed is zero but this happens just as the train stops. IOW, I did not see any 'wiggling' in the speed displays.

Best regards,vince

#14 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Vince, with your indications I was able to reproduce the problem on the ascents of the Bernina route. Now I'm able to debug it.

#15 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

X.4202 should have solved Vince's case, as well as motor1' case, if it occurred in autopilot mode. The fix should also filter out some of the spurious station restarts when due to coupler bouncing the train does not come to a complete stop.

#16 User is offline   motor1 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Microsoft Train Simulator

Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

The issue on my end (using x4202 on autopilot mode on the D&SL Train #2 activity) has been resolved.

#17 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Carlo. I confirm x4202 solved the problem. I'm curious tho', what part of the code tweaked?
best regards,vince

#18 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

Good to read your feedbacks.
What occurred, even in autopilot trains, is that on station stops in steep ascents the train backed a bit after having come to a stop. This was wrongly recognized as a station start by the activity management, bringing out of sync two parts of software. Now a test for a threshold around zero speed instead of a test for speed different from zero has been inserted.

#19 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostCsantucci, on 10 September 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Good to read your feedbacks.What occurred, even in autopilot trains, is that on station stops in steep ascents the train backed a bit after having come to a stop. This was wrongly recognized as a station start by the activity management, bringing out of sync two parts of software. Now a test for a threshold around zero speed instead of a test for speed different from zero has been inserted.

Hello Carlo,Thank you for the explanation although in my case it was a station stop on a downgrade, about 2%, that caused the problem.
I'm running the activity today that runs in the northbound direction through the same station where I first had the same problem southbound.
It's the second from last stop in a 3 hour activity so it'll be later today until I get to it. Many thanks for your dedication to the Open Rails project.
regards,vince

edit:format

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Hi Vince,
thanks for precision.
My correction takes into account both backward and forward slidings.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users