and for docs:

https://docs.google....tZkmc2wNIU/edit

hth

#12 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:12 AM

0.692 is an old version and procedural shapes are not available there.
Also, there is no point for you to set the shapeTemplate, because it doesn't work with OR yet and even in TSRE if you don't know what to do.

#13 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:31 AM

0.692 is an old version and procedural shapes are not available there.

Got the latest one now (0.6958)

Also, there is no point for you to set the shapeTemplate, because it doesn't work with OR yet and even in TSRE if you don't know what to do.

Mmmmh.....therefore a complete application of 3D tracks (not procedural) seems to be possibile for TS only, or for OR too but with track tilting set to zero......
If there's no way to differentiate track profiles in the same route (meaning that only one .stf can be used), then should be impossible to lay procedural tunnel tracks (therefore using different textures) alongwith procedural tracks with standard textures.....am I right?

#14 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

You need to press Space + W/S or Up/Down ..

I'd need to understand how to insert the ShapeTemplate parameter in the .w file using TSRE, and how to consequently manipulate the trprofile.stf in order to use different track profiles in the same route, just in the way Goku suggested above.

This is a suggestion for future feature. Open Rails does not support multiple profiles.

#15 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:41 AM

View PostGoku, on 02 September 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

You need to press Space + W/S or Up/Down ..

Me stupid :sign_oops:

Open Rails does not support multiple profiles.

Is this going to be the same in the future?
And - in any case - is the OR team planning to solve in some way the problem with procedural tracks in tunnels (i.e. basically making them capable to load a different texture)?.....

#16 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostRaffaele, on 02 September 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

Ok, I got the TSRE(5), v0.692.
1) is this the latest version (I guess not);
2) how the ShapeTemplate attribute is set in the .w file using this editor.

Sorry for the noob questions but I've never used this editor before.

BTW, in the version I d'loaded the SPACE key doesn't work (should be: 'camera move up')

I don't know that the ShapeTemplate has been made a feature just yet. But a shape file can be swapped for another by way of a small section on the left of the screen when you have most shapes selected (interactives don't do this).

Oh, and are you pressing the 'move forward' or 'move backward' keys while pressing the spacebar? If you don't, then you won't go anywhere

#17 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:15 AM

View Postebnertra000, on 02 September 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

I don't know that the ShapeTemplate has been made a feature just yet. But a shape file can be swapped for another by way of a small section on the left of the screen when you have most shapes selected (interactives don't do this).

Oh, and are you pressing the 'move forward' or 'move backward' keys while pressing the spacebar? If you don't, then you won't go anywhere

Thanks ebnertra000, the 'move up' problem has been solved. The guide says only "SPACEBAR = move up" and not "SPACEBAR+arrow keys = move up", and this put me off the way.

About the rest, my focus is now to understand whether is possible (or: whether will be possible in a near future) to add conditional branching in the trprofile.stf, so that will be capable to load a different track texture according to some predetermined conditions. This would allow to (also) load tunnel track textures in a procedural track. At the actual stage, I find to be a nonsense to have procedural track (with the standard track texture) and the default track (with the tunnel track texture) both displayed in tunnels, and I think such an issue should have priority, otherwise 3D track projects like mine or like Norbert Rieger's one have no chance to be fully utilized in OR and are 'condamned' to be 'restricted' in the old MSTS world.
I already have an idea about how to avoid both tracks to be displayed in tunnels, but I'd also need to load (also) a tunnel texture into the procedural track, because would unrealistc to have the standard bright track texture displayed in tunnels too.

#18 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

BTW: at administrator's discretion, would be perhaps better to change the topic title to: "Procedural tracks and tunnels"

#19 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:04 PM

While testing, I just noticed that, for some odd reason, there're curves (always in tunnels) where the procedural track is displayed alongwith the static one (TunnelShape), and other ones where it's NOT displayed. Nonetheless, where the procedural track is not displayed, the train 'senses' it anyway, because the outer wheels are raised from their rail and inner ones are partially deeped. I argue that a 'key' to get such an effect (which would be more than satisfactory to my purposes) must be hidden somewhere, but of course I haven't still understood where. I can't think that in OR the display/hiding of the dyn track in tunnels has been left to the pure case.....BTW, I built my route with the old MSTS RE and for curves I used ONLY standard static tracks (a2t1000r20d.s etc.).

I detected the problem does affect curves with a wide radius only (> 2000m).

#20 User is offline   Raffaele 

• Apprentice

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:24 AM

By the way, I solved the problem.
In the MSTS RE, I just replaced the a2t4000r5dTun.s piece that's was showing the duplicate track with 5 a2t4000r1dRndTun.s pieces. The duplicate track is gone but trains still do tilt when driving on it.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users