• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Electric locomotive compressor Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   IndraSkar 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Openrail

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:30 AM

In Indian electric locomotive, a switch named "BLCP" which is used to control the compressor, having 3 steps; AUTOMATIC, MANUAL and OFF.
Is it possible in Openrail?

#2 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

No currently its not possible to control compressor, it works automatically based on whether the loco is powered or not...

#3 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

Such a switch has most electric locomotives in various variants: ON/OFF, OFF/Automatic/Hand etc. For example the Czech locomotive of the 363 series:
Attached Image: switch for compresor.jpg

0=the compressor is off

A=automatic, the compressor works as it is now in the OR.

R=hand, the compressor works nonstop. The main air reservoir has a safety valve that opens and closes at the said pressure. For example in automatic mode, the compressor turn off at 9 bar. The safety valve opens at 11 bar and closes at 8 bar.

PK=auxiliary compressor is powered by batteries. Used when the locomotive is airless. Supplies air to the the main switch and pantographs.

#4 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:48 AM

On Older Belgian locomotives you have a switch for compressor too

With right programmation this is be in Openrails possible to realise too...

It is just find someone that can fix that.

I think if this switch is programmad as bridge (swhith in off postion = circuit of compressor is open) this is posible

like circuitbreaker/pantograph down but other context.

Greetz,

Stijn

#5 User is offline   sim-al2 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:36 AM

For that matter, looking at some locomotive service manuals it appears that on some Alco diesel locomotives (IIRC) one could override the air compressor governor if that were to fail. Of course, this would leave the compressor running continuously so it was mostly for emergencies.

#6 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:53 PM

protected virtual void UpdateCompressor(float elapsedClockSeconds)
{
if (MainResPressurePSI < CompressorRestartPressurePSI && AuxPowerOn && !CompressorIsOn)
SignalEvent(Event.CompressorOn);
else if ((MainResPressurePSI > MaxMainResPressurePSI || !AuxPowerOn) && CompressorIsOn)
SignalEvent(Event.CompressorOff);

if (CompressorIsOn)
MainResPressurePSI += elapsedClockSeconds * MainResChargingRatePSIpS;
}

This piece of the code is in case compressor and his sound, If the lines where AuxPowerOn be expand with "CompressorToggle" or something and this CompressorToggle is

add to rest of code where it need (cabview, events, MSTSlocomotive...) i thin it is possible.

But this is a override button/shalter.

Previous weekend i was make a try in the code for have auxilirysound on wagons, or sound when stream 23/24 is active, i thouth that Aux in PowerSupply system was for it

by testing my compressor on al trains not start :-). I go back to orginal piece of code in case Aux and it was back normal.

Some locomotives have a "SOS" compressor too, and a generator if foodpressur (Main reservoir is under limit, 5 BAR in most EU country's) you can not rise pantographs...

and yu must power on a generator when you reach 5 BAR you can rise pantograph and doe what is need to start normal compressor. (That is in real)

But what i see to on OpenRails is that a locomotive that is coupled on train and set to "UM" off still starts compressor and dynamic brakes too.

Greetz,

Stijn

#7 User is offline   IndraSkar 

• Apprentice

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostHamza97, on 29 August 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

No currently its not possible to control compressor, it works automatically based on whether the loco is powered or not...

I think its not depended on loco powered on/off; rather depend on MR pressure..

#8 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

So, i have try for have a "bridge" with toggle for compressor.

ToggleCompressor is handle with SHIFT + C

But it need beter programmation:

• When compressor runs, and you put Toggle in Off Postion Compressor stay running, and stay runing... (dangerous, becauze there is no automatic bleeding for moment)
  • Compressor dont turn off directley when Toggle is in OffPostion

Who want test BETA program send me PM please.

I have do that on X4185

But this is good news to know there is something possible :-)

#9 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:15 AM

It works now :-) - I have give "ToggleCompressor" as name for this project.

Movie:

https://youtu.be/dpjcGqerYiY

But for a best programmation it is better to program this with scriptlinking like circuitbreaker scripts:

Or with a (Manual) or (Automatic) system like this:

ORTSCompressor ( Manual )

ORTSCompressor ( Automatic )

When there is choose Automatic, ORTS must do like normal MSTS way, handle compressor without "ToggleCompressor"

When there is choose Manual, Compressor must works like in movie.

Becauze i have see some strange erors in game (my commands was not right...) i have see that compressor can fill above reached pressurevalues. But in that case ORTS must have

a Bleedoffvalve for this, like in real. I advise to call this "ToggleManualCompressor"

So i was thinking that a TogglePressureGenerator is possible too, a pressure generator is when youre locomotive is under the pressure that is need for rising pantographs...

if this great works like it must be, than is best that pantographs can not rise if pressure if value under what is given in .ENG file

But if this 5,00 BAR/72PSI in the whole world than is .ENG link no need.

I'am not professional programmer, for some or most things of last idea's i need expierence of other programmers to realise this like some users post in this topic ;-)

Greetz,

#10 User is offline   IndraSkar 

• Apprentice

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:30 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 02 September 2018 - 05:15 AM, said:

It works now :-) - I have give "ToggleCompressor" as name for this project.

Movie:

https://youtu.be/dpjcGqerYiY

But for a best programmation it is better to program this with scriptlinking like circuitbreaker scripts:

Or with a (Manual) or (Automatic) system like this:

ORTSCompressor ( Manual )

ORTSCompressor ( Automatic )

When there is choose Automatic, ORTS must do like normal MSTS way, handle compressor without "ToggleCompressor"

When there is choose Manual, Compressor must works like in movie.

Becauze i have see some strange erors in game (my commands was not right...) i have see that compressor can fill above reached pressurevalues. But in that case ORTS must have

a Bleedoffvalve for this, like in real. I advise to call this "ToggleManualCompressor"

So i was thinking that a TogglePressureGenerator is possible too, a pressure generator is when youre locomotive is under the pressure that is need for rising pantographs...

if this great works like it must be, than is best that pantographs can not rise if pressure if value under what is given in .ENG file

But if this 5,00 BAR/72PSI in the whole world than is .ENG link no need.

I'am not professional programmer, for some or most things of last idea's i need expierence of other programmers to realise this like some users post in this topic ;-)

Greetz,

Yeah! You are right, there must be a scriptlinking like circuitbreaker to operate the mode of compressor...

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users