• You cannot reply to this topic

Editing loose consists Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

I found this feature today -- great idea, thanks for implementing it!

I appears to be less than complete tho... no open .act in local editor and replace unit and save didn't appear to be working (tho perhaps I goofed that myself).

Will you be upgrading this functionality to match what one can do w/ ordinary consists?
======================

Also, in the consist units view... any chance of a font color or expression change for the string [BROKEN}? Red or [bold] would do very well. A change like that would help problems grab your attention much more firmly.

#2 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 28 August 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I found this feature today -- great idea, thanks for implementing it!

I appears to be less than complete tho... no open .act in local editor …………...

Confirm. Plus the "open in external editor" in the pulldown of the menu item "Consists" does not work either.

I can also confirm that replacing a item in a loose consist and saving does not work. The save does occur when exiting TSRE but activity save should also occur when one selects from the menu FILE > SAVE. One should not have to exit then reopen every time to save their work.

Also concerning the editing of Loose Consists: The list of the items in the consist is by filename. If one wanted to find a similar named eng/wag from the list titled "ENG List 1" it is impossible because that list displays the contents by the ENG/WAG Name line NOT the filename. Recommend that the list titled "Consist Units" display the contents of the Name line instead of the filename.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users