• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotives in Open Rails Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:21 AM

The idea of the ashtray is a good idea. :D This must also be cleaned at a certain time, and if it becomes full, this can then have a strong effect on "lack of oxygen" for the fire. (This also depends on the type of locomotive / ashtray construction of course).
I already had a similar idea about burning coal fire. (after certain time the "solid clumping" of coal). IOW, you have to stop after a certain amount of time to clean the grate (shoveling or shaking grate). Maybe make an extra option in the SIM with "reduced n% burn rate, increasing in time provided". An extra "key-y" (?) can then imitate the shaking grate / shoveling and reduce the "n% reduced burning rate" back to 100%. With some extra discrete triggers (shaking grate, but also separately for the ashtray ...!) it would be again beautiful for the sound effects. :)

Some other ideas are:

- If a low-lying injector is used, if water supply is not shut off (KEY-K / L) water will continue to run out of tender stock (via drain pipe).
- Additional function for Boiler Blowout, also has an effect on the boiler water level. (the water level then drops).
- Boiler priming (boiler water level> 100%) causes water in superheaters, so maybe "runaway train ..." (IOW, fast throttle at 0%, cylinder valves open and reverse at 0% to prevent this).

And suddenly I think of one more, from the good old days of MSTS. :)
- Boiler water level is n% higher or lower, depending on the slope of the railway line!

If possible, it seems convenient to me to "activate" every function with a new line "ORTSxxxxxxx" in the .ENG file, in order to prevent problems with existing models. (?)
I know, nice ideas. I also know that it is a lot of work to make these functions in OR codec ...... :sweatingbullets:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users