• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MEP Cravens class 105 DMU Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:56 AM

The Cravens 105 DMUs that come with the Mid East Plus route will not run in OR. This has happened somewhere between version 1.1 where they do work, and version 1.2 onwards where they do not work. For some reason OR is looking for a steam locomotive tender. This happens on explore route as well as activities.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSWagon.ConfirmSteamLocomotiveTender() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSWagon.cs:line 1936

Would there be anything in a shape file that could cause this, because there is nothing in the eng file that refers to a tender.

This is the only DMU set that has the problem I have found so far.

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:34 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 11 August 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

The Cravens 105 DMUs that come with the Mid East Plus route will not run in OR. This has happened somewhere between version 1.1 where they do work, and version 1.2 onwards where they do not work. For some reason OR is looking for a steam locomotive tender. This happens on explore route as well as activities.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Orts.Simulation.RollingStocks.MSTSWagon.ConfirmSteamLocomotiveTender() in E:\Documents\Coding\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Unstable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\MSTSWagon.cs:line 1936

Would there be anything in a shape file that could cause this, because there is nothing in the eng file that refers to a tender.

This is the only DMU set that has the problem I have found so far.

I haven't run my DMUs for a while! The above DMU was the first i altered to run accurately in OR. However, i have another installation of MEP+ as a mini-route with unaltered ENG files. I shall try this DMU and report back!

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:42 AM

That's strange. If that is the correct trainset, I tried starting activity Broad St. - Richmond Local, and the trainset appears and is driveable.
Attached Image: Cravens-105.jpg

#4 User is online   copperpen 

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:14 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 13 August 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

That's strange. If that is the correct trainset, I tried starting activity Broad St. - Richmond Local, and the trainset appears and is driveable.
Attachment Cravens-105.jpg

That is the set Carlo, and that is what I see in V1.1 but always that error at v1.2 and after.

#5 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:21 AM

Hi

I've just tried the "Cravens to Ely" activity on X4168 and it doesn't crash for me.

Dennis

#6 User is online   copperpen 

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:37 AM

It is beginning to look like I have added something into my eng file that is causing the error post version 1.1 of OR, question is, what? . There is definitely zero reference of any kind to a steam locomotive tender in either file.

I get all of the normal DMU sounds running until I close the error window at which point OR closes down.

#7 User is online   copperpen 

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:38 AM

I decided to delete the MEP installation and install a fresh copy. In this new installation the Cravens 105 works normally. Still a mystery as to why the old version was causing problems. Case closed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users