• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signal always red Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Theo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

I drive an activity in the german route Pro Train 28 (Activity HK RE38163.act). At the second station (Buschow) the signal is red (Status Stop) and never changes to free (green). When I drive the same activity in MSTS, the train also get an red signal, but this changes after 60 seconds to green. I´ve tested the activity in the MSTS editor and see, that a few hundred meters behind Buschow a blind train is placed. When my train arrives at Buschow and stops at the red signal (red while in front there is the blind train), the blind train starts and leaves the route and the signal at Buschow go to green.
Open Rails doesn´t recognize this an never bring an green signal. I´ve seen this also on other routes and think, this is an general Problem. Please excuse my bad English.
Horst

#2 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

View PostTheo, on 07 August 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

I drive an activity in the german route Pro Train 28 (Activity HK RE38163.act). At the second station (Buschow) the signal is red (Status Stop) and never changes to free (green). When I drive the same activity in MSTS, the train also get an red signal, but this changes after 60 seconds to green. I´ve tested the activity in the MSTS editor and see, that a few hundred meters behind Buschow a blind train is placed. When my train arrives at Buschow and stops at the red signal (red while in front there is the blind train), the blind train starts and leaves the route and the signal at Buschow go to green.
Open Rails doesn´t recognize this an never bring an green signal. I´ve seen this also on other routes and think, this is an general Problem. Please excuse my bad English.
Horst

Please read this Post in the german Forum TSSF:
https://www.tssf.eu/...p?topic=11668.0

#3 User is offline   Theo 

• Apprentice

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

View PosteugenR, on 07 August 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Please read this Post in the german Forum TSSF:
https://www.tssf.eu/...p?topic=11668.0
@EugenR
Hello Eugen,
I already knew the trick with the sigcfg. I modified it again - but no success - Signal stays red. This phenomenon occurs in the activity 4 x and always at station exits. The builder of the task has - to create variety - here just behind the station exit each positioned a blind train, which leaves shortly after arrival of the train played and then disappears completely afterwards. Obviously, these blind trains confuse the logic of the activity in OR. With other activities, the track runs perfectly - so I aussäe that it is not due to the signal logic. In the MSTS it works fine with the blind trains - train stops for a short time and then signal gets green. When I go to manual mode briefly with CTRL-M and then get signal release with TAB - so I can go on. But this is certainly not in the normal way to use OR.
Horst

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

View PostTheo, on 08 August 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

@EugenR
Hello Eugen,
I already knew the trick with the sigcfg. I modified it again - but no success - Signal stays red. This phenomenon occurs in the activity 4 x and always at station exits. The builder of the task has - to create variety - here just behind the station exit each positioned a blind train, which leaves shortly after arrival of the train played and then disappears completely afterwards. Obviously, these blind trains confuse the logic of the activity in OR. With other activities, the track runs perfectly - so I aussäe that it is not due to the signal logic. In the MSTS it works fine with the blind trains - train stops for a short time and then signal gets green. When I go to manual mode briefly with CTRL-M and then get signal release with TAB - so I can go on. But this is certainly not in the normal way to use OR.
Horst

Possibly the blind train is not moving fast enough to reach the end of its path before you are due to leave. I had this problem with an activity on another route. It was solved by increasing the maxpower of the unit so that it moved faster.

#5 User is offline   Theo 

• Apprentice

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:00 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 08 August 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

Possibly the blind train is not moving fast enough to reach the end of its path before you are due to leave. I had this problem with an activity on another route. It was solved by increasing the maxpower of the unit so that it moved faster.

This blind train is not moving - it was positioned at a place and then deleted. Maybe that´s the reason for this error. But i think, this is an OR error - on MSTS its perfectly working.
Horst

#6 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

View PostTheo, on 11 August 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

This blind train is not moving - it was positioned at a place and then deleted. Maybe that´s the reason for this error. But i think, this is an OR error - on MSTS its perfectly working.
Horst

Blind trains( Invisible Engine/Blocker in the UK ) work very different in OR from MSTS. For the latter, the ENG file always had a very low HP and kN for power and force. OR will compute this low force, where the blind train will struggle severely. Give the blind train a bit more HP and kN and the problem should be solved!

Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users