• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Terrain error in OR Using V key from RE Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

On one of my routes, i was going to create a proper tunnel, using the V key in RE. But as I made a few errors "punching holes", i decided to revert all terrain change back to default ( CNTRL+` keys ). I then made the tunnel without terrain editing. This worked 100%.

In MSTS and RE, the terrain shows as normal, but in OR, the terrain shows the holes that I created before i reverted it back.

Here's a picture

http://www.atomic-album.co.uk/showPic.php/178898/RE-OR%20Compare4.jpg

As you can see, there are two different results. Any clues as to what is going on here?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

Hmmmm, can anyone tell me if this could be a tile issue between OR and MSTS ? I'm unsure if terrain editing is saved via the T and Raw files?

I could use a transfer as a last resort, using my images for the guess work!

Thanks

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

Change the bridge "Terrain Object" in the General tab... as in go to the bridge in Route Editor, select it and change it. If you are using another editor it should have the same sort of thing to change it.
Not sure what the blackish texture under the mainline would be, it looks like the terrain is turned off and there should be a polygon with the terrain under the tracks to cover that, is there something there you can select?

Paul :-)

#4 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

View Postcharland, on 27 July 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Change the bridge "Terrain Object" in the General tab... as in go to the bridge in Route Editor, select it and change it. If you are using another editor it should have the same sort of thing to change it.
Not sure what the blackish texture under the mainline would be, it looks like the terrain is turned off and there should be a polygon with the terrain under the tracks to cover that, is there something there you can select?

Hi

I will double check the bridge is "Terrain Object". Edit- Terrain object already checked!

There are no holes in RE or MSTS. This concurs in wire-frame mode, where the polygons are compact and visible. This is nothing to select apart from the terrain where the holes are only visible in OR.

The holes in the picture are from when I used the V key in RE to create a few holes in the terrain. But I reverted back as i made a few errors and then saved. Openrails is still ready this change, but RE and MSTS are not.

If i cannot work out why this is happening in OR, i have to use a transfer or add a surface shape with the same terrain texture and place just beneath the track on both ends of the tunnels, where this problem is occurring!

Thanks

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

That's strange, even your ballast changed between the MSTS RE shot and the OR in game shot.

#6 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Postcharland, on 27 July 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

That's strange, even your ballast changed between the MSTS RE shot and the OR in game shot.

No that's just how RE displays it without any enhanced graphics and very low resolution. With OR, I have AA, Anisotropic filtering and game resolution set quite high!

Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users