Elvas Tower: ENG/WAG file fixes - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ENG/WAG file fixes For errors that cause data display errors in TSRE-CE Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where fixes for ENG/WAG files which contain syntax errors that cause the TSRE Consist Editor to not display information about these files correctly. To understand this problem see the thread titled "BLW PRR E7, E8, and PA Diesel Units showing up as Electrics in TSRE5" in this section. What do I mean by not display correctly? I am referring to the text in the ENG View section of TSRE-CE. Specifically the information below the picture. Is the information for the Brakes, Coupling, Mass, Size, Max Power, Max Speed and Max Force being displayed?

Since Rick Franzosa is going to issue a fix for their files, I won't bother repeating it here. I have already found 4 other ENGs or ENG sets with syntax errors in my TrainSets and I will be posting a separate post with the fix for each as I can identify exactly what the errors are.

I invite others if they find errors and their fixes to post them here. Also if you find an ENG or WAG that does not display correctly and you need help with what appears to be a syntax error that causes problems with TSRE-CE.

PLEASE don't post unless you are contributing to the information or asking for assistance. What I mean is no "Thank you for finding this problem"

#2 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

UP C44ACCTE 5911, 5919 and 5920.
Readme says Danny Beck engines
Folder names: UP_C44ACCTE_5911, UP_C44ACCTE_5919 and UP_C44ACCTE_5920

Syntax error is on line 10 "Coupling" is repeated:
Change
Coupling Coupling (
to
Coupling (

#3 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

SSW RSD5 #272
SSW_272.ENG
Folder SSW_RSD5
Description line says "by Diesels West"

Two errors on Comment line above Sound lines
Line #449
Change
comment Sound ( "RSD-5eng.sms" )
to
comment ( Sound ( "RSD-5eng.sms" ) )

Line #651
Change
comment Sound ( "RSD-5cab.sms" )
to
comment ( Sound ( "RSD-5cab.sms" ) )

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

I had one with an Include() statement: The value of any Include() is a path ending in a file name. Because the path might have internal space characters I routinely put the entire string inside double quote characters, such as:

Include ( "..\\Common.Inc\\Fleet\\Std_Type_E_Coupler_Generic_Draft_Gear.inc" )

However I goofed one day when writing up an Include() statement and accidentally inserted another space character, this time at the very end. Looked like this:

Include ( "..\\Common.Inc\\Fleet\\Std_Type_E_Coupler_Generic_Draft_Gear.inc " )

Turns out a space character at the end of a filename (or file suffix) is really, really bad and windows won't let you do it. Neither does my editor, which is smart enough to open that file when it detects a path+filename. It had no problem ignoring that extra space.

TRSE_CE, OTOH didn't ignore the space... it simply said there is no such file, and then stopped reading the rest of the .wag. The problem because apparent to me exactly as Chuck describes above... missing information.

It was entirely my fault in adding that extra character; I reported it and was told, essentially, there are better places to put scarce time. I won't argue about that but I do think it needs to be addressed eventually.

P.S. All comment lines require the string to be inside a pair of parenthesis.

#5 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:05 PM

MSTS IC GP18 1970s Pack
ic_gp18_70s.zip at Train-Sim.com
file IC_GP18_9401.eng in the root folder not the one in the OpenRails folder

File has two extra close parens
On Line #53
Delete the "))"

Page 1 of 1