Elvas Tower: BLW PRR E7, E8, and PA Diesel Units showing up as Electrics in TSRE5 - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BLW PRR E7, E8, and PA Diesel Units showing up as Electrics in TSRE5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ferrettije 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS & Open Rails

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

So this issue that I am having, is that my BLW PRR E7, E8, and PA diesel units are showing up as electric locomotives is TSRE5. Also the max speed, max power, and braking type will not show in the consist editor or the activity editor. While the locomotives operator fine during play, the issue is with creating activities, especially when editing the times tables, since the max speed will not show. I have quiet a extensive PRR fleet of locomotives with blw, bllw, and other creators. The BLW E7, E8, and PA units are the only units giving me trouble. Also not to blow my own horn (no pun intended) :pleasantry: I consider myself pretty advanced when it comes to editing eng and wag files. For the life of me I cannot figure how to fix this. Any help is appreciated. I also included a copy of one of my PRR E7A codes.

<<admin edit>>

Dave Nelson comments:
When posting very long lists of data, such as an entire .eng file, please show some courtesy to readers by inserting it between a pair of (little known) spoiler bb codes (the same way quote or code or bold are done -- the command written inside square brackets). That way people can compress all those lines if they don't need to review them all.

It looks like this (click on "Show" to reveal the full .eng file):

Spoiler

#2 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Maybe try adding another ')' at the end of the special effects group, I count 6 '(' and 5 ')', therefore maybe not including anything past the last Wagon() line?

#3 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lineman

Count again. I see 5 and 5. Also Notepad++'s Bracket tester sees no problem. Don't count the opening on the Engine line. It is closed at the end of file.

ferrettije,
I used your post to create an ENG file and saved it to a mini install. Pointing TSRE-CE to that mini install. I found the same as you . But I also noticed that TSRE-CE lists the ENG by the filename rather than the Name line even though there is a Name line present.

Also notice that the values of MaxSpeed, MaxForce and MaxPower are Zero.

#4 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

The problem is occurring between Coupling and BrakeSystemType as Coupling is shown and BrakeSystemType is not.

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

CouplingHasRigidConnection should have 2 consecutive n and not 1 I suppose. Don't know if this solves the issue.

#6 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:48 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 20 July 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

CouplingHasRigidConnection should have 2 consecutive n and not 1 I suppose. Don't know if this solves the issue.

The number of "n" was wrong but not the cause of TSRE-CE misreading the rest of the data. But you helped me to recognize where the problem exists.

The problem was the space between Coupling and RigidConnection. The correct syntax is KeyWord, space, then an opening paren. In this case there was no opening paren and that confused TSRE-CE.

Fix is to remove space and add the "n" in two lines
Or replace "Coupling HasRigidConection ( 1 )"
With "CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 1 )"

#7 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

View Postcr-stagg, on 21 July 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

The number of "n" was wrong but not the cause of TSRE-CE misreading the rest of the data. But you helped me to recognize where the problem exists.

The problem was the space between Coupling and RigidConnection. The correct syntax is KeyWord, space, then an opening paren. In this case there was no opening paren and that confused TSRE-CE.

Fix is to remove space and add the "n" in two lines
Or replace "Coupling HasRigidConection ( 1 )"
With "CouplingHasRigidConnection ( 1 )"

Charles, Thank you. I have been EXTREMELY busy at work and have had zero time to devote to the sim for probably 5-6 months. Gaetan and I will patch these files up. Please email me when you get a chance rfranzosa_at_gmail_dot_com

Thanks again!

#8 User is offline   rfranzosa 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

Hi All,

I just did a folder by folder search through all of the EMD E-units and Alco PAs that are on of my side of the house (BLW/ZT). I also search the subset of Gaetan's (BLW) EMD E-Units. The occurrence of the "Coupling HasRigidConection" is spotty, and frankly I can find no pattern. I will issue a patch later for all Alco PA and EMD E-unit sets affected.

E6 - B&O E6B - has problem (E6A OK)

E7 - B&M - OK
E7 - C&O (and Pere Marquette) - OK
E7 - GN - OK
E7 - NYC - OK
E7 - PRR - has problem - all units
E7 - SOU (and CofG) - has problem - all units

E8 - AMTK - OK
E8 - C&O - OK
E8 - CR - OK
E8 - NYC - OK
E8 - PRR - has problem - all units
E8 - SOU - OK

E9 - AMTK - E8B #454 has problem, all others OK

Alco PA - NH_1 - OK
Alco PA - NH_2 - has problem - all units
Alco PA - LV - has problem - all units
Alco PA - NYC - OK
Alco PA - PRR - has problem - all units

This is very strange. The PRR passenger set was the second set I released that included EMD E's, back in 2007, IIRC, and I've released several other sets since. You would think this issue would have been propagated to all successive sets! The PAs? Much easier to figure. NH1 and NYC released in 2006-7 are OK, followed by PRR, NH_2, LV and (unreleased) Erie all NOT OK.

Time permitting, I'll poke around other ENG files to see if I can find this anywhere else. Thanks again, Charles!

NOTE: I did see the problem in Gaetan's ATSF E8 and SP PA2, but that is part of a small sample. I don't have all of his sets on my box. :)

#9 User is offline   ferrettije 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS & Open Rails

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:07 PM

Thank you Charles and Rick. That totally took care of this issue.

#10 User is offline   espee 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

All engines in the SP E unit Daylight set have the same problem:

E7, E9 and PA2

Also, as OR ignores double statements, the double coupler statement is obsolete, as is the double up of the diesel fuel level and consumption figures.

But these are not fatal...

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users