• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Both file name and Name() used. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:07 AM

I am not sure if this has been brought up, but I noticed that the editor is using both "File Name" and the Name() category when present in the bottom display.

Edward K.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Can you explain?

#3 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 14 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

Can't figure out what he is referring to either.

But in trying to duplicate, I found an inconsistency: The ENG list 1 and ENG list 2 list the ENGs and WAGs by the contents of the Name line if there is a Name line. Where as the Consist Units list (items in consist being edited) shows the Filename.

#4 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

Although I am unable to duplicate the use of both file naming conventions at one time for each item in the bottom display, I am noticing another issue. I was updating a batch of cars for OR so they are now in the OpenRails folder. All of them are using the Name() option. Should the editor be reading the OpenRails folder or the main folder? The editor is only showing 2 out of 10 cars that are in the OpenRails folder.

Edit: I should add that the files in question are the ARMN reefers from SLI's UP Trainset Vol 2 pack in case there is an issue with them.

Also, none of the files are being listed from the main directory which would be using the file name convention since only the files in the OpenRails folder are using the Name() option.

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:20 AM

Still don't understand you. Are you reffering to a new name parameter for OR or what?
TSRE should read wags from openrails directory.
You can send me the cars and I will check them.

#6 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 July 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

Still don't understand you. Are you reffering to a new name parameter for OR or what?
TSRE should read wags from openrails directory.
You can send me the cars and I will check them.

At this point, I am referring to the wagons that should be showing up in the "Eng list". Only 2 out of 10 files that are in the OpenRails folder are displayed in the "Eng list". I am not going to automatically assume that my initial issue that I poorly described is somehow connected to this. I will send you the wag file via pm.

I will run a test with the files without the Name() tag to see if this is connected.

Update: This is odd, there must a problem with the files. I removed the Name() tag from the files and only the same 2 files were displayed in the Eng list.

#7 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

Found the problem. I am not sure if this is something you want to check for, but the removal of the source of the issue solved the problem. If you notice the use of "CommentToken" below, this is what the editor was stopping at. The 2 files that had no issues did not have "CommentToken".

CommentToken comment ( MSTS Bin coupling values by Bill Preiger, Joe Morris, Otto Wipfel, et al.  )

Update: Disregard the solving of the problem. This issue is is difficult to understand. After removing the above CommentToken tag and leaving the Name() tag, the same 2 files were displayed using the Name() tag, but the remaining files were displayed using the file name? I will be sending you files for testing.

#8 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Edward,
Note the Bolded and underlined text below quoted from the ORTS Manual:

8.14.1 Modifications to .eng and .wag Files
In the preceding paragraphs many references have been made to OR-specific parameters and tables to be
included in .eng and .wag files. MSTS is in general quite tolerant if it finds unknown parameters and even
blocks within .eng and .wag files, and continues running normally. However this way of operating is not
encouraged by the OR team. Instead, a cleaner approach, as described here, has been implemented.
Within the trainset folder containing the .eng and .wag files to be upgraded, create a subfolder named
OpenRails. Only OR will read files from this folder. Within this subfolder a text file named xxxx.eng or
xxxx.wag, where xxxx.eng or xxxx.wag is the name of the original file, must be created.

This new file may contain either:
• all of the information included in the original file (using (modified parts where desired) plus the ORspecific parts if any, or:
• at its beginning only an include reference to the original file, followed by the modified parts and the
OR-specific parts. This does not apply to the Name() statement and the Loco Description Information,
where in any case the data in the base .eng file is retained.

#9 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:00 AM

View Postedwardk, on 15 July 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Found the problem. I am not sure if this is something you want to check for, but the removal of the source of the issue solved the problem. If you notice the use of "CommentToken" below, this is what the editor was stopping at. The 2 files that had no issues did not have "CommentToken".

CommentToken comment ( MSTS Bin coupling values by Bill Preiger, Joe Morris, Otto Wipfel, et al.  )

I see that you found it. TSRE does not allow for tokens without ( ). (Except some places where it is hardcoded). So it will not work. You need to remove CommentToken and if it is not your file, ask the author.

View Postedwardk, on 15 July 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Update: Disregard the solving of the problem. This issue is is difficult to understand. After removing the above CommentToken tag and leaving the Name() tag, the same 2 files were displayed using the Name() tag, but the remaining files were displayed using the file name? I will be sending you files for testing.

For me all the 4 files you send work fine after CommentToken removed. Name tag is displayed.

#10 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

https://i.imgur.com/FUItGSS.png

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users