Elvas Tower: BP: Automatic speed regulation - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BP: Automatic speed regulation Automatic speed regulation and AFB Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

View PostHowky, on 12 July 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

Czech author Jindřich Machalínek creates a Czech locomotive control system into the Open Rails.
This is Automatic Speed Control, where the system maintains the selected speed.

Like Carlo mentioned, this sounds like a great implementation of the cruise control card on our roadmap.

We'll want this code to be separated from the base locomotive code, like the existing items in Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSystems, but hopefully that's not too hard given the existing Train Control System, which does a similar set of things but via a script file.

If you can provide the diff/patch file and test builds, we can ensure that things are all in order before committing.

Now set the number of axles on our train
I have a train with 4 wagons and 1 locomotive - our train has 20 axles ( 4x axles have 1 vagone or locomotive )

What is the purpose of this bit? It's also something that is known to the game, so I'd prefer we not include it.

keyboard shortcuts CTRL + Shift + D UP or CTRL + Shift + A Down (czech locomotive set 1 to 12 ) this option can be set in ENG

I'm not sure I understand the shortcuts used here, but we can review them with the code.

Now I'm ready to leave, we'll now use the Travel Switch

What's the shortcut for this switch?

#12 User is offline   Jindrich 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostJames Ross, on 21 July 2018 - 03:58 AM, said:

Like Carlo mentioned, this sounds like a great implementation of the cruise control card on our roadmap.

We'll want this code to be separated from the base locomotive code, like the existing items in Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\RollingStocks\SubSystems, but hopefully that's not too hard given the existing Train Control System, which does a similar set of things but via a script file.

If you can provide the diff/patch file and test builds, we can ensure that things are all in order before committing.

Hi. What I have done is I created a new class called CruiseControl under the SubSystems and put all logic there. If the engine is in CruiseControl's "Auto" mode, it is skipping the UpdateMotiveForce in the MSTSLocomotive and use the modified one from CruiseControl, that injects the TractiveForceN into the MSTSLocomotive. The CruiseControl is also able control the dynamic and train brakes.
Everything that the CruiseControl needs is set up in the eng file. So if no ORTSCruiseControl section in the eng file is present, everything runs as normal. Of course I needed to add some stf reading to the MSTSLocomotive, and also some stuff into the MSTSLocomotiveViewer and InputSettins to populate the controls and actions needed. I also added some CabView stuff. But these are just standart changes.

What is the purpose of this bit? It's also something that is known to the game, so I'd prefer we not include it.

Number of axes is set by the driver in the engine and it's little special for Czech and Slovak engines speed regulator system. It's used to remember a point, where restricted speed zone ends. As you pass this point, you press a button, and after then, you can select new speed. Once the whole train passes the point where you press the button (according to number of axes - or train length, that you select), the engine will start to accelerate to the new selected speed. Also a light is illuminated between the button press and the distance needed to pass, and is also used to determine, that the train has passed the whole platform, so that the last doors are above safe groud, etc..

I'm not sure I understand the shortcuts used here, but we can review them with the code.

These shortucts are to set the maximum acceleration the driver desire. In Czech trains it has 12 positions. 1= slow acceleration, 12= max. This feature can also be set incrementaly from -100 to +100%, and again is adjustable in the eng file.

What's the shortcut for this switch?

This one again is special mode equipped in Czech and Slovak engines, and it's called like "Agreement to go". It's a spring loaded switch that must be held until the train reaches 3km/h. It's just a kind of launch switch, confirming you want the auto speed controller to be engaged. Again, configured in eng.

I may do a diff from latest X version, but I am still in process of testing of many different engines, trying to avoid any bugs, and find all configurations, that will be needed for the variety of the world. I am awaiting delivery of tuned Thalys & LGV trains, and later I would love to implement also stuff like LZB used in Germany, that can also stop the train and/or control it's speed according to the signal or track speed restrictions.
As most of modern trains are highly automated, I believe my contribution will be a popular enhancement of the sim. (If accepted). :)

#13 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Hello,

Test TGV's + Belgian HLE 13/3000 and I11Bdx (wagons + steeringcar) and consists… are on way too you ;-)

I give you the idea too, to add a "carwash" step too on it. Normal in most country's this is max 5km/h

carwash step is on Alsthom VI cruisecontrol system a step before Automatic + speedselector.

on youre ARR this step need to become after manual, before automatic and testing.

If there in other country's in the world is other speedrestriction for carwash, i think a .ENG file command like "ORTSSpeedRegulatorCarwashMaxSpeed ( 5km/h ) is best way.

Also, for the Alsthom VI System is this for moment ok, becauze they onley dynamic brake if you select lower speed.

For systems that brake pneumatic too, like AFB... a .ENG command like this can be solution

"ORTSSpeedRegulatorPneumaticBraking (True )"

"ORTSSpeedREgulatorDynamicBraking ( True )"

For trains that have cruise control, but no braking on it 2 commands set to "False" can be solution too.

This is just a suggestion/idea for further expansion.

I wonna ask too, of it is possible on way the cruisecontrol is impleted now, that if you stay push the keyboard combinations for speedselector(s) & tenstion it is possible the have same effect

if you program throttle like this:

Throttle ( 0 1 0.05 0
            		NumNotches ( 0 )
        	)

With that you the % or values of a NumNoth controller stay Increase or Decrease. For moment you need to push again for select higher or lower speed or tenstionstep.

It is just a small detail.

Other thing (cabview related) is of it is possible to let rotating the DIAL (needle/pointer) like a AMMETER , with smooth rotation. For moment it works like MSTS needles (move in 1 step)

AMMMETER, Linevoltagemeters in ORTS his animation runs slowly like it is in real. This effect for "Type ( SELECTED_SPEED DIAL )" wil be a finish touch ;-)

If you recieved the TGV's that you ask, i have setup my cabviews that Type ( SELECTED_SPEED DIGITAL ) are active too.

On HLE13/3000 the DIAL version works, and i have updated the needles on this cabview with 1024/768 .ace today for better smooth…

I hope you have something on this information.

Greetz,

Stijn

#14 User is offline   alexmorph3us 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:50 PM

When will this be implemented? :)

#15 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:OpenRails & MSTS

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

Are there any development on this project

#16 User is offline   Howky 

• Fireman

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:16 AM

It works on version 6.0

#17 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:OpenRails & MSTS

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:59 AM

View PostHowky, on 15 October 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

It works on version 6.0

Version 6.0 of what?

#18 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:01 AM

https://drive.google...Ofsb2HF_F412uF8

#19 User is offline   Paolo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:14 AM

what is the wording of the various functions written in the readme to be included in the .cvf file to make this function work ?!

#20 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

Is the MU signal communication problem solved?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users