• You cannot reply to this topic

START/STOP key in 3dcab Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:25 PM

Too cool.... I will definitely test it and share the results... :dance3:

EDIT: Okay I checked the "ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER" & "ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STOPPER" and they work fine, however when I tried "Style ( PRESSED )" it doesn't work. I am saying this because most of Indian diesel locos have Startup buttons which need to be kept pressed during startup and once released they come back to their original position.. :)

I will try out the "ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STATE" later as I would need to texture the 3D Cab first before I can test it... :sweatingbullets:

#12 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:06 PM

Thank you, Carlo!

What are the sound-triggers for ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER, ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STOPPER and ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE?

The PRESSED status would be beneficial for locos with a starting lever, too.

#13 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:47 PM

The sound triggers are the usual ones, that is 23 for PowerOn and 24 for PowerOff.

The problem with the controls using the PRESSED keyword is that there is no specific locomotive status associated while the keyboard key/mouse button is pressed.
To be more clear: with the horn, the horn plays as long as you press the keyboard key or mouse button; so you show the cabview button down when the horn plays. Instead, when you press an engine starter key, there is no specific locomotive status connected to it: the locomotive engine goes to the starting state and passes to the running state after a pre-defined time, independently from the amount of time the keyboard key/mouse button is pressed.

What could be done for the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER command is connecting the "button pressed" display with the "engine starting" state, and analogously for the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STOPPER command and the "engine stopping" state. It wouldn't however exactly match the time the keyboard key or mouse button is pressed.

#14 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 16 August 2018 - 04:27 AM

What could be done for the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER command is connecting the "button pressed" display with the "engine starting" state, and analogously for the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STOPPER command and the "engine stopping" state. It wouldn't however exactly match the time the keyboard key or mouse button is pressed.

That would be okay I guess.., as that will cause the startup button to return to its original state rather than seen as being "stuck" inside.. :whistling: Same for STOPPER too.. :D

And once again Thanks for quick implementation of this much needed functionality... Now only if I could figure out how to get startup sounds and engine sounds to co-exist... :curiousPC:

#15 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:17 AM

I tried the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER and the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE. With both I had not much luck. Both commands don't put the starter-lever in the zero (first frame) position with start of the program, but somewhere in between the first and the second position. With ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER the starter lever is immovable, with ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE I can move between the strange 'middle-position' and the power-off position, which is correctly displayed with the subtext.
Until now I used the BELL command for the startup sequence with trigger 11, and the sms file played first the startup sequence and then the power-idle loop. with the trigger 23 for poweron the startup sequence is left out and the engine sounds come in full revs and then go back to idle.
I think, I have to dig up my long forgotten knowledge of sms files etc.

#16 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 16 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

In post #10 I have attached a new release of the patch pack, where the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STARTER button displays frame 1 when the engine is in starting status, and frame 0 in all other cases. Analogously the ORTS_PLAYER_DIESEL_ENGINE_STOPPER button displays frame 1 when the engine is in stopping status, and frame 0 in all other cases. The related control blocks in the .cvf file use the keyword PRESSED.

#17 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:18 AM

Feature implemented in x.4178.

Manual updated in x.4179.

#18 User is offline   Hannes44 

• Fireman

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Thank you for making this functional. Is the STYLE (PRESSED) or (WHILE_PRESSED)?
I have got still 2 minor problems: starting in 3d cab only works with keyboard not with mouse input for me.
Second, I've still got sound trigger troubles. Trigger 23 doesn't play my startup sequence, but plays the diesel power sound immediatly. When I used trigger 11 (bell), it worked as it should.

This is the relevant startup stream (dieselstand.wav = idle)

Stream (
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 3
Discrete_Trigger ( 23 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Dieselstart.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 23 StartLoop ( 1 File ( "Dieselstand.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.01 StartLoop ( 1 File ( "Dieselstand.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
VolumeCurve(
Variable2Controlled
CurvePoints ( 2
0.00 0.7
0.05 0.0
)
Granularity ( 0.05 )
)
)

#19 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:44 AM

At the moment I am able to answer only your first question. For mouse control PRESSED and WHILE_PRESSED are the same in OR.

#20 User is offline   Csantucci 

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

Re sound, here
				Triggers ( 15
					Skip( **** The engine/current related sounds - Stream 1 {Xfade}         **** )
					Initial_Trigger  ( 							            StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise1.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 23 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "x_gp_poweron1.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.050 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.150 StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise3.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.450 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.550 StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise5.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.850 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.850 StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise5.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.550 ReleaseLoopRelease () )					
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.450 StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise3.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.150 ReleaseLoopRelease () )					
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Dec_Past 0.050 StartLoop   ( 1 File ( "x_gp_power_cruise1.wav" -1 )   SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger ( 24 ReleaseLoopRelease ())
					Discrete_Trigger ( 24 DisableTrigger ( 1 ))
					Variable_Trigger ( Variable2_Inc_Past 0.050 DisableTrigger ( 1 ))
				)

is how I managed the startup sound for the GP38. Above is how I modified the first stream of gp38eng.sms.
When the engine is switched off, the sound terminates abruptly, which should be improved.
Here is also the startup sound
Attached File  x_gp_poweron1.zip (59K)
Number of downloads: 768

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users