• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Steam Locomotive Blower sound trigger(s)? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   midneguy 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

After continuing to work with sounds today for my Mason Bogie locomotives I have another question regarding the Blower sound. At present there appears to be only one trigger for the Blower, 33, which as far as I can tell is intended more for the sound of the Blower Control rather than to activate / deactivate the sound of the Blower itself while it is operating. This is a sound which is often quite apparent when the blower is being used on a steam locomotive, particularly if the locomotive is stopped or only working lightly. The sound of the blower should be functional both inside the cab, and outside of the locomotive. I had never particularly worried about this sound before but decided it would be nice to add... and it wasn't until after I created proper interior and exterior .wav files for it that I realized the triggers don't appear to be available for it http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/read.gif

Is there any interest in adding two more triggers to those available, one for when the Blower is turned on and another to end the Blower sound when it is turned off?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   SP 0-6-0 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/ORTS

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

Best bet would be to contact Steamer_Ctn or Csantucci.

I am interested in the possibility of doing the unique sound of a SAR Condensing 4-8-4 and the blower in this case a large fan turbine driven would be most noticeable on this type of locomotive.

Robert

#3 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:59 AM

At this moment I solved it with blower sounds in combination with speed. So stand still or slowly more blower sound. Is less "if the stoker puts it back" when you drive (higher speed).
Also, if you set the regulator back to 0%, the blower starts to sound more.

It works well, but it would indeed be better if the trigger were variable together with the blower-key ("N").
(like many other steam sounds ....)

-----------------------------------------------------

Example:
beg = startup blower sound.
mid = continuous blower sound
end = shutdown blower sound
and then two streams with different volume

------------------------------------------------------

Stream (
Skip ( **** blower **** )
Priority ( 2 )
Triggers ( 9
Initial_Trigger ( StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][mid].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past 4.23 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past 4.25 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][end].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 4.0 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][beg].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 3.8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][mid].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )

Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past -5.13 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past -5.15 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][end].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past -4.0 PlayOneShot ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][beg].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past -3.8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][mid].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
)
)

Stream (
Skip ( **** blower low **** )
Priority ( 2 )
Volume ( 0.5 )
Triggers ( 4
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past 1.8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][mid][low].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past 1.1 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Dec_Past -1.8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Yanzh-Blazer-11 [rijdend][mid][low].wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Variable_Trigger ( Speed_Inc_Past -1.1 ReleaseLoopRelease () )
)
)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users