Elvas Tower: Stuck at a Signal in Timetable Mode - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stuck at a Signal in Timetable Mode MLT CN Bala Sub. at Washago Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   kafovofa 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:46 AM

I initially was only using passing paths with no waits. That resulted in the NB getting stuck at Washago and the SB correctly taking the passing siding at Sparrow Lake. I tried SNCA values of 4, 6, and 18 before changing the paths and attempting to use waits. I would prefer random meets, but it just doesn't seem to work at Washago. The signaling at Washago looked like it invited deadlocks to me too, which is why I suspected it may be a problem with the sigcfg file and the signal layout on the route and not a problem with OR signaling or my timetable initially. Although I tried using a wait, and manually routed the trains at Smail, I left passing paths everywhere else, which explains why it wasn't working. I'm pretty sure the passing paths I left in are the problem and that it will work when I'm done reworking the paths. I'll have to devise new paths for all of my traffic I intended to run, but figuring out where and when to have trains meet was not how I wanted to run trains and is a bit disappointing. Being able to easily change consists and weather before starting a timetable is still a big advantage over running through trains in an activity; though, so I'll still be happy when I get that sorted. Funny I read that in the manual a dozen times and it didn't sink in. Sorry about that. :fool:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users