• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speedpilot Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jan111 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails & MSTS

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

I know the subject has been discussed before, but, now we have the very good autopilot and the amazing weather change, so we are only missing the speedpilot......
Is it possible???

#2 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

I agree with you on this Jan. If it is complicated to create a tab or even a speed tab selection table I understand it as it is un realistic how Autopilot responds to speed changes once engaged. What I mean by unrealistic is say I am exceeding the speed limit by 10MPH or more an engage autopilot, autopilot drops to the speed limit on a dime or a better example I am at 50MPH an 130 yards or less to a STOP indication an switch to autopilot the autopilot drops to 0MPH at the second I switch to it... very un realistic for a heavy long freight train you would think its magnetic fly out window.

So my thing to overcome that is ask ORTS Dev to make additional dispatching features like a real dispatcher handles situations of giving out speed restrictions and different flagging orders. ORTS has the dispatch display to change tracks, signal indications which needs improvements but why not speeds in special locations besides activity set events? This way if you want autopilot to be smooth you set the location on the path ahead of time in dispatch view as if you are the conductor telling your autopilot engineer what speed to drop to bellow the limit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users