• You cannot reply to this topic

TRACK PROPERTIES Could Properties be Altered at Placement? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hi Goku,

Could the properties of a tracksection be altered at placement time to have or not overhead wire? (or even tunnel/notunnel)

IOW, in an electrified route I want a no overhead wire(s) on a branch line switching off the overhead wire main line. Wondering if the tracksections properties could be altered.
Reason I ask is you seem to be pretty darn good at giving us all sorts of new property tweaks that are easy to use.
Lately: Changing the 'STEP' value in TSRE for really super fine adjusting of track joins is outstanding!http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif

regards,
vince

#2 User is offline   lenglel 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

Just make the wire disappear, or completely de-energize everything between two nodes?
In the first case, I think it would be possible to implement the second case using
signalling functions. The second case would have to do that automatically.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:07 AM

I desire a visual effect only. Rather than having to use a utility like HideWire or Catmaster I was just thinking it would be easier to do if it were part of TSRE.
You probably know I'm in the process of putting together an upgrade to the PRR East Region route. The rebuild of the Zoo Interlocking (200+ lever machine!) is complete but there was this PRRFix07 patch that was pulled from release several years back. The final upgrade package will be called PRR Eastern Region v2.
This fix had a complete rebuild of the Altoona area but had a corrupt TDB.

All better now! I dropped in the two Altoona World files and their associated 4 Tile files and am in the process of activating all the track that was copied in, which is a snap because of Goku's TSRE ability to enable/disable TDB activation.

I have completed re-aligning and making tidy the 3 track main line east out of Altoona for about 10 miles, removing dynamic track and fixing the abrupt grade transitions. (DT does NOT copy in well at all and must be replaced)
Starting west through Altoona today and about 4-5 miles west along the main.

regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:12 AM

That is not possible to do in MSTS file specification. HideWire just replaces track objects with static objects, so MSTS and OR doesn't know that it is a track and don't put wires. But you can't edit route after using this solution.

#5 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostGoku, on 27 April 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

That is not possible to do in MSTS file specification. HideWire just replaces track objects with static objects, so MSTS and OR doesn't know that it is a track and don't put wires. But you can't edit route after using this solution.

Hi Goku,
Thanks for the reply.

regards,
vince

#6 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:59 AM

I still propose a "wire database" which is separate from the track database. The wire database would describe the properties and locations of all the the catenary wires. It could also be made to support special things like dead zones, voltage or frequency changes, etc.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users