• You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a way to change key assignments in OR? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi,

I would like to change the key assignment for the forward camera viewpoint from the 8 key to the up/forward arrow on my keyboard.

Kate Ridings

#2 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

View Postmopacfan, on 19 April 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hi,

I would like to change the key assignment for the forward camera viewpoint from the 8 key to the up/forward arrow on my keyboard.

Kate Ridings

Options > keyboard

#3 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:50 AM

View Postckawahara, on 19 April 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Options > keyboard

Hi, Thanks for the info. With the setup I have, pressing the 9 key on the num pad moves the camera forward. But I don't see that key assignment listed in the OR menu Options > keyboard. Nor do I see that key assignment in the most version of the OR manual. I suspect the 9 key assignment is a hold out from earlier versions of OR. I didn't choose in Options > keyboard. the 9 key on the numpad as the key assingment to move the camera forward. I'm running OR 4112, which I recently installed.

#4 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

View Postmopacfan, on 20 April 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

Hi, Thanks for the info. With the setup I have, pressing the 9 key on the num pad moves the camera forward. But I don't see that key assignment listed in the OR menu Options > keyboard. Nor do I see that key assignment in the most version of the OR manual. I suspect the 9 key assignment is a hold out from earlier versions of OR. I didn't choose in Options > keyboard. the 9 key on the numpad as the key assingment to move the camera forward. I'm running OR 4112, which I recently installed.

Keep in mind that number pad keys can do double-duty. With NumLock on, they output numbers. With NumLock off, they output cursor/insertion-point movement. Some programs ignore this difference and recognize those keys as being pressed no matter what the state of NumLock is. Open Rails is not one of those programs. You will notice that the "NumPad-9 key"'s alternate duty is PgUp. Guess which key the Camera Forward default assignment in OR is?

#5 User is offline   mopacfan 

• Fireman

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostJovet, on 21 April 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

Keep in mind that number pad keys can do double-duty. With NumLock on, they output numbers. With NumLock off, they output cursor/insertion-point movement. Some programs ignore this difference and recognize those keys as being pressed no matter what the state of NumLock is. Open Rails is not one of those programs. You will notice that the "NumPad-9 key"'s alternate duty is PgUp. Guess which key the Camera Forward default assignment in OR is?

Thanks for the helpful feedback. Changing the Zoom pan assignment from PgUp to the Up arrow resulted in me achieving what I want.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users