Elvas Tower: Help with Route PON11 - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help with Route PON11 Looking for advice to begin repairs on a route Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Rigo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

Thank you, Csantucci. I'm running X4115 now.

I still get stopped at certain locations by the TCS putting on the Emergency Brakes. AFAIK there is no way to turn them off once that happens. The red signals in my path will often allow me to pass through (Tab key - "Permission Granted") but some locations give a text reply "There is no signal in the train's path". I've waited on those for quite a while and they just do not change. If I run them, I get TCS brakes. Anyone understand and willing to suggest a solution?

#12 User is offline   Bert Wise 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

Hi Rigo

I have experienced the same thing - There is no signal in the train's path. I find that if I switch to manual mode (Ctrl + M) then switch right back to Auto mode (Ctrl + M) again I can usually get "Permission Granted" when I press Tab.

Sometimes it doesn't work so I go to manual mode, change a switch ahead then change it right back then get out of manual mode.

I have no understanding of why this works but it keeps me from being thrown into Emergency.

Bert

#13 User is offline   Rigo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Thank you, Bert. I run in Manual Switching 99% of the time, and if I try to switch to Auto (usually some distance from where I started) I'll get something like "You're not back on the path". I assume it's related to the route being 'circular'. Are you familiar with, or was your post specifically in reference to, Port Ogden & Northern?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users