• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flickering forest Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Monty 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

OR Monogame has eliminated the flickering for me. Also "moire" effects virtually gone with monogame version. Much better quality screen than standard OR on both my computer systems, one computer old with low specs, other very high specs NVidia 1080TI.

#12 User is offline   Monty 

• Hostler

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

I do not have anything flickering with Monogame version. Do you have instancing turned off in OR? Another thing you may like to try is turn your video card settings back to default and see if the flickering disappears. If the flickering stops go back to the settings and turn each setting back on one at a time and see which is causing the issue. Hope this helps.

#13 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

View PostMonty, on 14 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

I do not have anything flickering with Monogame version. Do you have instancing turned off in OR? Another thing you may like to try is turn your video card settings back to default and see if the flickering disappears. If the flickering stops go back to the settings and turn each setting back on one at a time and see which is causing the issue. Hope this helps.

Hi Monty,
I would like to try Monogame version to see if it improves flickering,moire but have no idea how to setup the Monogame version.

Can you tell me how to set it up?

Regards Geoff.

#14 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

View Postelvasleis, on 16 April 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Hi Monty,
I would like to try Monogame version to see if it improves flickering,moire but have no idea how to setup the Monogame version.

Can you tell me how to set it up?

Regards Geoff.

Basically if you find the download for it, you can set it up. It uses the same method as ordinary OR, but most people (myself included) have it set up as a separate installation from normal OR. They can run independently of eachother

#15 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Hi,
What is the link to download the Monogame OR version thanks.

Regards Geoff.

#16 User is offline   Monty 

• Hostler

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

View Postelvasleis, on 16 April 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Hi,
What is the link to download the Monogame OR version thanks.

Regards Geoff.

Go to feedback section of OR forum . Thread titled Going beyond 4g memory, page 20 of thread. Download titled Monogame_OR4075_MG.zip half way down the page

#17 User is offline   elvasleis 

• Fireman

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:03 AM

View PostMonty, on 16 April 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Go to feedback section of OR forum . Thread titled Going beyond 4g memory, page 20 of thread. Download titled Monogame_OR4075_MG.zip half way down the page

Hi Monty,
Thanks for the link.
I have never seen the video performance this good in OR.
I have an external USB drive which is full of mini routes and there seems to be little difference between that drive and my SSD C:drive routes.

The only thing that is happening is the TCS emergency breaking problem is back which I have cured in just the normal OR.
There should be a box in OR to tick to turn TCS emergency breaking on or off.

Regards Geoff.

#18 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

@Monty

Thanks for working version. Now I will do a test drive and send later my report ;)

EDIT:

On monogame there is no flickering , but i have strange drops of FPS so I will stay on regular OR.

#19 User is offline   Fablok 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Ok I have drove from Quincy to Keddie with shuted off all shadows. Flickering occurs only when amout of yard tracks in Keddie was full of cars. But it was minimal flickering so turning off shadows was good idee :)

#20 User is offline   QJ-6811 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:48 AM

A message from my results, not "hard conclusion", but for info.

With "normal OR" I had already 90% saved the problem by putting the NVIDIA card back to default. ;)
Quality was worse, but with two NVIDIA adjustments it went well again.
In short, if I drive the route now from A to B with one camera view (direction) I have no problems anymore. Only if you turn from "forward to backward" (such as camera 2 and 3) will you get problems. The same if you stop at a certain point, camera 8 to "drone level" and make a 360 or 180 degree turn, the problem starts or stops again spontaneously. In principe the same if you stop at a problem, stop the game and start again (RESUME or starting point) then it's over again.
It still seems to depend on distance and zoom (FOV) and if you drive to or from the spot (or fly .... :D ) Funny, sometimes problem with FOV = 45, zoom to FOV = 30 is good again, back to 45 remains good, to 50 starts again, back to 30 stops again, etc.
Remains a strange phenomenon. :ko2:

Concerns Monogame-OR, I tried this last few days. The first result is that "jumping trees" no longer occur, so far so good!
In some places (at a distance) still vibrating trees. After a "drone flight" noticed that now in some places the trees / ground light up very flickering.
With two screens (monogame-OR and TSER5) looked up the spots and noticed that this was always two "forest areas" that touched each other at the corners. (a 50m-30m piece or something). This has been adjusted and until now (......) things are going well.
However, two remarks concern Monogame-OR:
1) The RAM memory used is indeed less, but the GPU goes from an average of 80% to a constant 100%. (?)
2) The feeling that sharpness is less, especially at 100m + distances. (bit more diffuus)

And sometimes some "short hitch", but is minimal.
I also notice that I do not see a difference in FPS? This is the same, maybe a 2+ FPS more, but not really "WOW".

OK, as said, no conclusion, try more in the next days. Concerns the "jumping trees" has in any case already good results. :D

jumping trees:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users