• You cannot reply to this topic

timetable syntax Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   torri91 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Good evening,
as I wrote in the title I would like to know more about timetable syntax, specifically about attach/detach functions.
For example I would like to detach all carriages in a specific station and send the loco to a siding, meanwhile I'd like a second loco to pick up those carriages and depart in the opposite direction.
I thank you in advance for all the help you can give me and I am sorry for my poor english.

#2 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:53 AM

Hello Torri, have you seen the document "timetable changes"?
http://www.elvastowe...attach_id=77330
To detach all your carriages you will need a command in the station field of the timetable

12:00$detach /nonpower /static

This will detach all the carriages. The detached carriages will become static items, but they can be picked up by another train. If you want to detach just part you need

12:00$detach /units=-2 /static

This will detach 2 carriages from the rear of the train. positive numbers from the front of the train
note the white space before the /
Now make a path into the station platform for the second train with a reverse point if needed. add a an entry in the station field of the second train collumn
12:05$pickup /static
You could use $attach instead of $pickup, but as the active train loses its identity with $attach, I find $pickup more useful.
If you want to detach / pickup outside of a station you will need to put the commands in the #dispose field and $form a new train
Hope this helps, rick

#3 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

Here is an open office .xls spreadsheet showing how detach and pickup might work. You could do this in Timetable editor of course. (but I`m used to Open office)
This example refers to Lyme Regis Branch UKtrainsim file ID 12975-1279 but you don`t need the route
I was making a timetable tutorial based on this route, but was caught out by a naughty trick with signalling by the route builder pre- ORTS

Edit: correct syntax error

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   torri91 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

hi Rick,
it seems that I missed that document. Thank you for your explanation. I tried to set up the timetable as you suggested and the detach part worked perfectly, however the pickup part didn't. The second train couldn't get to the station platform to perform the pickup because of a stop signal. I don't know how to fix this issue.

#5 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

The problem of passing a stop signal to make a pickup is discussed here

http://www.elvastowe...__1#entry225726

You have 2 possibilities
1) try to arrange the pickup loco path so that it reverses onto the static carriages through a switch. If there is a switch and a reverse point between the signal and the static carriages, I believe ORTS goes into switch mode, and it will allow the pickup train to connect.
Or, to repeat, you pass the stop signal into a siding with a reverse point, back out of this siding through a switch onto the static carriages

2) You will need to modify your stop signal sigcfg.dat script, so that the stop signal signal supports "callon". See the pickup and signals topic above.
rick

#6 User is offline   torri91 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

I'm afraid that the first option is not possible because we're talking about a terminal station. About your second option I'm reading everything, including every guide, but it will be a while before I can fix the signals, mainly because I'm creating this timetable on an existing route, built in 2010.
Nonetheless I thank you for your invaluable help.

#7 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 March 2022 - 03:00 PM

Happy birthday.
Manual's chapter 11 was extended to fit new functions of timetable mode.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users