• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

were will you stop your travel? No station Name registered Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

OR and MSTS need the station-Name for the F10-Window "Next Station" and also for the activity-Editor. In Timetable also the Station-Names an deeded!

Regards
EugenR

#12 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

View PosteugenR, on 07 April 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

OR and MSTS need the station-Name for the F10-Window "Next Station" and also for the activity-Editor. In Timetable also the Station-Names an deeded!Regards EugenR

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_oops.gif I did indeed forget to include those.

regards,
vince

#13 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

View Postebnertra000, on 07 April 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I've placed platform and siding markers for a sizeable route and had no trouble from TSRE. So I, too, have my doubts about it being a TSRE issue. In Track Viewer, you can coose to have the station and/or platform names shown. If one or both doesn't work, then you know what you have to change

I noted a difference between your screen copy and mine. I did not put parameters about left and right possibility to take the car. Perhaps that is an issue for my problem. Thank you for your attention.

#14 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:27 AM

View Postvince, on 07 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

But why?

I have just finished several additional stations and platforms using TSRE5 and there is absolutely NO problem.

You Lucky.

#15 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

View PosteugenR, on 07 April 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

OR and MSTS need the station-Name for the F10-Window "Next Station" and also for the activity-Editor. In Timetable also the Station-Names an deeded!
Regards
EugenR

I must modify my usual way to parameter my platforms. I must verify my parameters of Trackviewer display.

Thank you to all those answered to my questions.

#16 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

View PostStationWhere, on 08 April 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

You Lucky.

There's no luck involved at all my friend. I carefully read instructions & follow them Just look at your response to tthe ebnertra000 post! He didn't post the screen shot . . I DID!
I can see you don't even realize who's post your responding to.
If you don't use more care in working with the editors (and posting errors) you'll end up in the ditch.

There is absolutely NO difference here using TSRE than I previously used building the NECv4 route with the MSTS Editors!

I also try to pay close attention to the forums (most of the time http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif) as TSRE is a work in progress and there are differences in operation.
No factor with causing your problem though. Yours is a self inflicted wound I'd say.

regards,
vince

edit/format

#17 User is offline   StationWhere 

• Fireman

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Do not be angry my friend

Infortunatly train simulation and modelisation sofwares are Deutsh oder English. I am French and It is not always easy for me to understand all screen explanations. It is only after many mistakes that I can work with ease
Be sure that I am gratefull toward those who help me an I am full of respect for those who created routes for the others.

#18 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:34 AM

View PostStationWhere, on 09 April 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Do not be angry my friend
Infortunatly ]train simulation and modelisation sofwares are Deutsh oder English. I am French and It is not always easy for me to understand all screen explanations. It is only after many mistakes that I can work with ease
Be sure that I am gratefull toward those who help me an I am full of respect for those who created routes for the others.

I assure you, I am not angry!
I was frustrated that you had to spend so much time diagnosing what was to me a very simple problem filling in a form in the editor and not seeing it for what it was: A simple omission on the form: the station name causing you so much trouble and then trying to solve the problem by altering a file that is not used by Open Rails.

The hardest thing I had to do in learning the new editor (TSRE5) was 'throwing out my conceptions on how the editor operated.
The bright side is realizing when I rejected these old operating procedures required for MSTS operation it was a ahole new world of possibilities for route building. That my friend is when I decided to make a major push at modding the PRR East Region route both as a learning experience and as a test of TSRE5 capabilities. I think the best path for a route builder to follow was the one I followed, modding an existing route.

It worked for me to the point where I now have high confidence working with TSRE5. The new editor is a Gem! A diamond in the rough as there are still minor problems/fixes I feel are needed but all in all, TSRE was able to take what is probably the worst case of database problems (the PRR) and be able (so far) to fix MANY database problems.

It'll work for you also my friend and I do sincerely apologize if I got a bit short with you. Not my intention sir. It just came from a bit of frustration.

Best regards,
vince

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users