• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SweetFX and ReShade with OpenRails Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   hminky 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, checked the ambient light box and like the effect. Makes the game look less toy like.

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/no_reshade.jpg

http://www.chainsawjunction.com/image/reshade.jpg

Drop from 60fps vertical sync to 58fps with this system:

My system

Harold

#12 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Posthminky, on 10 March 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Drop from 60fps vertical sync to 58fps with this system:

FWIW the fps w/ Monogame on my PC dropped from 40 to 34-35 in an object heavy area. Thinking it was graphics I dug into the data on the last f5 screen and much to my surprise the rendering speed was about the same but there was a 50% increase in the updater, even tho no trains were moving when I tested.

The other thing I noticed was <alt><prnt scrn> didn't capture an image at all.

#13 User is offline   Coonskin 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

As to Harold's pictures:

Don't know which is which, but I like the top pic much better than the hazy bottom pic.

If I want haze, I would prefer to do it with a weather feature in OR.

#14 User is offline   drjayyyy 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

The OR fps indicator is telling me I'm 60 fps with my gpu overclocking activated. 54fps without overclocking on the PRR Eastern Region (Monogame 4075 build with SweetFX and ReShade ).But the SweetFX and ReShade fps indicator is telling me I'm getting 80fps! Is this possible? I noticed a slightly more realistic improvement in the appearance of the sim.

#15 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:44 AM

Hi Folks,

I have this working since last night - and - I'm blown away by the results - my sim never looked better and the performance is better than I saw with XNA... I ran Derek's monster Hudson out of downtown Chicago with BLWZT heavyweights in tow on Rick's Monon - a pretty FPS intensive area - and I couldn't make my frames fluctuate off of 60 FPS (via ORTS)... I'm running a dated Sandy 2700K@4.7Ghz and a top end GTX970 - around six years old and not state of the art by any means... The ReShade settings mods are endless - and profiles can be simply shared - one happy camper... Obviously - you need to play with the settings for each shader for best results - and not simply turn them on and off...

Make sure you switch to "Performance" mode when done tweaking ReShade - as it compiles all your shader modifications...

Pictures don't really do it justice - you need to experience it to really evaluate it - fortunately - once you have the files it only take 5 to 10 to figure out and get working...

Here's my current profile: https://www.dropbox....reshde.ini?dl=0
(ORTS Brightness set to 115%)

Just copy to Mono ORST root and select via ReShade interface... I think not over doing the effects is key...

Regards,
Scott

#16 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

Thank you for sharing your profiles. This will help me get started.
Christopher

#17 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:24 PM

HI Christopher,

I hope it works for you - happy to help...

Made a quick and dirty video attempting to demonstrate the Reshade effect for those that haven’t tried it... Much is lost in the quality of the upload... On a side note - as a user of the very first ORTS where the trains couldn’t even move - boy - we’ve come along way - thanks so much for the herculean effort put forth by all those involved... The cars bouncing over switches - wow...

https://youtu.be/-CoUWdsfPuw

Regards,
Scott

#18 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:19 PM

View Postrickloader, on 10 March 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

12) Shift +F2 brings you to the tutorial screen
13) close and reopen the shift + F2 overlay and you can check the various fx in game.

I had some troubles with this. My installation used the Home key (not Shift F2) to bring up the ReShade setup. This can be changed. Also configurable are the keys used to reload different effects while Open Rails is running and to toggle the effects on and off, which is very convenient when experimenting.

I found that about half of the effects provided made no difference I could see.

I don't think I'll be spending time trying to develop really good effects suitable for Open Rails - I don't have those skills - but I would love to try any effects developed especially for Open Rails.

#19 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:06 PM

I've been using ReShade ( https://reshade.me/ ) with OR Monogame and it works very nicely, I can see the difference.
I'm using a preset made for Train Simulator 2018 >>> found here >>> https://sfx.thelazy....es/preset/9669/
One problem I've encountered is that occasionally when launching OR monogame I get a complete white screen. I then close the program, it gives the usual not responding and looking for a solution message box and then closes. On the 2nd launch it always opens and runs fine. I really have no idea why this happens.

This particular preset is nice, because both the highlight and shadow detail are present, not wiped out by contrast changes, the color is enhanced...more "technicolor-like", slight increase in sharpness, and overall color cast is neutral to warmish.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users