• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Two comments Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

I'll take your's and Davids word for the routes described. Is not the behavior dependent on the signal scripts of a particular route?

If so then we are debating apples & oranges no?
If I pass a red signal in NORAC territory (TCS Scripts disabled) I get nailed with an emergency brake application. Same thing if I run through a closed switch.
That's the way Open Rails interprets the PRR signal scripts. Red light w/speed limit = zero will trigger emergency if passed. Your route(s) scripts are surely different yes?

Ref page 41 OR Manual:

when the train runs out of control due to SPAD (“Signal Passed At Danger” or passing a red signal) or exits the predefined path by error. If such situations occur you will usually get an emergency stop. To reset the emergency stop and then move to correct the error, you must first switch to Manual mode.

I note "usually".

Also realize real life running a closed switch results in a broken switch $ and loss of employment. My point? The sim does nail me with emergency when necessary for reasons stated.
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cheers3.gif Cheers!
Regards,
vince

#12 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Any train in OR with air brakes, will stop a train with the TCS emergency brake when passing a red light, unless something has changed in the code recently. There was a parameter in the train brake token that when not set correctly, the TCS brake would not apply, even though the HUD does inform of a TCS brake application.

If your using vacuum brakes, that same brake token may not apply or does not exist. I say may as I haven't use OR with the reworked vacuum brakes as yet. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Most of the trains i drive prototypically, does not apply the emergency brake when passing a red light and only use the A.W.S system which has been explained in an earlier post.

Thanks

#13 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:07 PM

In x.4084 a further fix has been introduced referring to the "trains running against each other" topic.
Now if a player train enters a track section which is already occupied by an AI train running against the player train, the AI train becomes aware of the player train and stops before hitting it. If the player train does not stop and hits the AI train, it couples to it, and therefore no passthru. Maybe there are still some uncovered cases.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users