Elvas Tower: Berlin subway (MSTS add-on) in ORTS by TML crashes on sound file - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Berlin subway (MSTS add-on) in ORTS by TML crashes on sound file ORTS/MSTS Add-On Berlin Subway by TML Studios crashes on sound file Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Freddy2000SP 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS / Open Rails

Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

Hi Elvas Tower fellow men and women,

I ran into a crash of the still very attractive MSTS/ORTS Add-On "Berlin Subway" by TML Studios.

The game seems to crash while playing on both lines U2 and U8, when a call is made from within a .sms file:

Error: Orts.Parsers.Msts.STFException: "(" not found - instead found "#¶" in D:\MSTS- D-Duitsland\ROUTES\ugb_u2\Sound\diesel.sms:line 29"

In the ORTS log file (see attachments) this (only) error is at the end of a long listing of "warnings" and "information". (e.g. missing two sound files ansage_in.sms and ansage_ex.sms; cannot find them anywhere..)

I included also a .txt version of the original sound file diesel.sms, that is to say diesel_sms.txt, while it itsn't allowed (probably,received message from Elvas Tower) to attach file type with .sms suffix...

I would be very pleased if someone can help me out. Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Freddy Soer

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (177.32K)
Number of downloads: 207

Attached File  diesel_sms.txt (1.54K)
Number of downloads: 218

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

I'm not sure that the OR parser accepts # as an indicator for a comment line in the .sms files. Try deleting line 24, that is line
						#PlayOneShot 

#3 User is offline   Freddy2000SP 

• Apprentice

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Good evening,

I tried it out..is working fine! Thank you so much!

Next, I am looking for a method to get rid of the overhead lines that are visible but do not belong on a subway route..maybe you have an advice in this too?

thanks again,

Kind regards,

Freddy

View PostCsantucci, on 17 February 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

I'm not sure that the OR parser accepts # as an indicator for a comment line in the .sms files. Try deleting line 24, that is line
						#PlayOneShot 

#4 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:45 AM

Unchecking experimental option "Show shape warnings" will substantially clean up your logfile without significant loss of information. Instead lines like
Warning: Signal referenced in .w file -5543 14979 as TrItem 823 not present in .tdb file 

show that there are mismatches in the route data, which not necessarily (but also could) lead to malfunctions. Getting rid of such lines is more difficult. Best would be if the route builders cleaned up route data.

#5 User is offline   Freddy2000SP 

• Apprentice

Posted 18 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hello,

Thank you once again for your advice, however, what I intended to say was the issue of the superfluous overhead wires for electric trains on the subway route. I used the wrong English words "overhead lines" , sorry...

Subways as you know, don't use overhead wires but these are visible on the overground parts of the track, and this is a little bit disturbing and frustates the feeling of a fairly convincing simulation..

So maybe I can repeat my question if you have an idea how to get rid of these overhead wires?

By the way, I encountered this issue too at some Czech tracks were a diesel unit starts on an electrified main railroad double track, but later on branches off to a single, non-electrified track where the overhead wires also continued to be present, however without the caternary supports.

Thanks in advance of your reply,

Kind regards,

Freddy

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:02 PM

Hi Freddy,

The overhead wires (catenary) are in fact used on some subway lines. Boston MTA USA for one, Newark, NJ is another.
There is no way (yet) to have both electrified territory and non electric mixed. It's one or the other. If electrified is selected then the entire route will have wire. BUT! There is a way but it involves editing the routes database files via a program called Catmaster It allows a route to visually have both electrified and non-electrified runs of track.
I say visually because you would be able to run electric trains on the non-electrified portion of the route.

The way some folks get rid of the wire is to 'hide' is either below the level of all the routes track or at a high altitude up out of sight.
The adjustment for this is easy. It's in the routes Properties which can be accessed in a route editor or manually by editing the routes routename.TRK file. with a unicode capable text editor (example:WordPad, NotePad, Context ) Edit the OverheadWireHeight parameter. Precede the number with a minus - sign if you want the wire underground. Value is in Meters.

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0r1t______

Tr_RouteFile (
	RouteID ( LIRR )
	Name ( "1LIRR TSRE5 Edited 1-30-2017" )
	Description ( "THIS IS TEST ROUTE LOG ONLY FOR TSRE-ROUTE  EDITOR USE\n"+
		"1-13-17.\n"+
		"1-30-17. add road. edit win-rego trackXXXXX\n\n" )
	Graphic ( LIRR.ace )
	LoadingScreen ( Load.ace )
	FileName ( LIRR )
	Electrified ( 00000001 )
	Mountains ( 00000001 )
	OverheadWireHeight ( 5000 )  <===<<< Edit this parameter
	PassengerRuleSet ( 0 )
	FreightRuleSet ( 0 )
	SignalSet ( 0 )
	GantrySet ( 0 )
	TrackGauge ( 0 )
	Era ( 0 )
	SpeedLimit ( 89.408333 )

regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   Freddy2000SP 

• Apprentice

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

Hi Vince,

This is great that you gave me this nice answer, and very quickly, thank you so much!

I will try it out using both options (By the way, Catmaster is freeware and free to use outside the U.S.A.?) and will let ylu know the outcome.

Many thanks again for being so helpful,

Kind regards,

Freddy

P.S. I am still looking too for alternatives for the Open Rails default sky/cloud textures, another rail fan in Germany told me that they can be downloaded at Elvas Tower, but because I am an apprentice here, I cannot download everything... Maybe you can help me around to acquire these wonderful sky texture alernatives? Thanks, Freddy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users