• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Monogame update? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

Some time back I read that the Monogame version of OR was not going to be updated with every update to the experimental version. I fully understand that reasoning. What I was wondering is if there is any further update contemplated for Monogame? I really like Monogame, except for a few pesky issues. I regularly get "flashing" of some textures at certain camera angles and focal distances that are not present in "regular" OR. These seem to occur especially in areas with a lot of scenery objects in a tile. In those same areas, I can get serious stuttering in the video, as well. Some of this may be a video card issue--mine is a 5 year old Radeon 7770, but I'm not sure enough that the video card is the issue to go shopping for new one. Aside from those glitches, Monogame absolutely takes less memory than regular OR and runs pretty darned well. But, it obviously is not taking advantage of all the recent OR updates, thus my question in this thread.

Interestingly, I also get the "Update to X****" on the main screen of Monogame. I don't update Monogame (I do update regular OR) because I don't know whether or not I should. Am I right or wrong there?

Thanks again to all the OR Developers who continue to move OpenRails along.

#2 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

I have " Monogame 4090 patch " downloaded and I would appreciate some information on how to install it properly .
Any help is welcome .

#3 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hi Hobo, the Monogame 4090 patch is a source code patch. To apply it, you should be able to manage the OR source code, as explained in the OpenRails.org page, menu item "Contribute", drop down menu item "Developing Code". Not a straightforward operation, even if not impossible, for non-programmers.

#4 User is offline   hroch 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS OR

Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

Hello,

Two questions.
I have installed Visual Studio community 2015 and downloaded source files from the SNV repository. I can build the XNA version, but only with the RunActivity.exe file. How do build OR with RunActivityLAA.exe? What to set up in a Visual Studio?

How to apply a patch file 4090 to OR source files? In Visual Studio? If Yes. How? Please do something like a step by step little tutorial. I want to try to create both variants.

#5 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

To apply patches you must first access the OR code with TortoiseSVN as explained in www.openrails.org in menu item "Contribute", drop down menu item "Developing Code", item "Accessing the Code with TortoiseSVN". If you have done things correctly, you will get a small green circle with a v inside at the left of every OR file and OR folder. The x4090 patch must be placed within the Source subdirectory of the OpenRails directory. You right click on the patch file and select "Apply patch". You will see that modified files and directories now get red instead of green circles. In addition to that you must do this http://www.elvastowe...post__p__233969 .
At that point you can build the OR MG version.
I'm not able to give you a pre-cooked solution to build RunactivityLAA.exe (which by the way is not needed for the MG version), because this requires access to some system file which varies depending on Windows versions and maybe also on other things. Maybe you find something on the internet which you can apply on your computer.

#6 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Hi Folks,

If anyone has a recent Monogame version compiled and wouldn't mind sharing - I'd greatly appreciate a copy... I've found my performance - like many - is far far far better with Monogame... Looking forward to this hitting the mainstream ORTS code...

Regards,
Scott

#7 User is offline   lineman 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails Train Simulator

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

I second that thought!!

#8 User is online   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:54 AM

View Postscottb613, on 07 April 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Hi Folks,

If anyone has a recent Monogame version compiled and wouldn't mind sharing - I'd greatly appreciate a copy... I've found my performance - like many - is far far far better with Monogame... Looking forward to this hitting the mainstream ORTS code...

Regards,
Scott

If it is so much better, why not include the option to use it in a main release of OR?

#9 User is offline   dennisat 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:Open Rails & MSTS

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:22 AM

View Postdforrest, on 08 April 2018 - 02:54 AM, said:

If it is so much better, why not include the option to use it in a main release of OR?

I believe that is under consideration Forward Plan.

Dennis

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users