Elvas Tower: Unselectable Sub-Tile - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unselectable Sub-Tile How do I select sub-tile when nothing is selectable? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

I have a few of these and I would like to fill them is. I am unable to select the empty tile by any positioning of the pointer around the edges of the hidden terrain tile. I didn't open this one but I did another and I can't recover that one either. It turns out if you do a 'Hide Terrain' shape, especially on a corner sub-tile,

I've tried on the edge, closer to the edge, right on the edge of falling off the edge, under the edge and in short, nothing I can see to how I can select these hidden terrain sub-tiles to turn the terrain back on. Can't turn on water either as I have to be able to select the sub-tile to do that

Attached File  Unselectable.jpg (65.74K)
Number of downloads: 0

As you can see it's in a Tile corner so I can't do a global sub-tile select either! For those that don't know, a 'global sub-tile select is you select a sub-tile (it outlines in red) for example a corner sub-tile, you can move to the diagonal corner on that Tile and while holding the shift key, left click on the sub-tile, and all the sub-tiles on the tile become selected.

This is a welcome carryover from the MSRE and is useful for 'Randomizing' the sub-tiles on a Tile. It also can't be used in this case as the blank tile is in a corner. If it wasn't, I could simple select the sub-tiles on each side of the blank and do the global thing. But . . .arghh...

Any guidance would be appreciated.
using v0.69481

regards,
vince

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

You can still select a rectangle of tiles using shift.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostGoku, on 26 January 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

You can still select a rectangle of tiles using shift.

Hi Goku,
Thanks much! Selecting a sub-tile on either side of the 'hole' while holding Shift did the trick. I don't know why or how I missed that but probably due to 10 hours straight editing session.

Errr . . . Four more gripes; Using v0.69481
++ Pressing the 'Z' key after setting a Dynamic Track section intermittently causes hard crash to desktop.
This has happened several times. Would a log of the event be useful to you?

++ There is no grade panel data displayed for Dynamic Track.
No way to type in grade data like standard track. No Transform panel either so it's a crapshoot as to I will arrive at an existing track and be able to tweak it to a good join.
Seems I'm always a bit above or below where I want to be and so have to adjust the joining track . . .which puts the joining track at the wrong grade. Yes, it's only a tiny amount producing a tiny bump when driven across but I require smooth track joins.

++ I still cannot flip a track and then type in the grade data.
It causes a wild elevation of the track grade even when entering a decimal point.

++ Regarding signals: ( any object actually) An elevation panel for the signal object is needed.
If I'm setting multiple signals on a signal gantry I'd like the method MSRE has; I can select multiple signal heads (objects) and globally set them to the same elevation (Y axis) I could do this in MSRE but not TSRE.

** All in all, TSRE is performing wonderfully!! . . .
Route editing is fun again with TSRE handling the PRR-East's rough data bases with ease while also enabling me to repair some of the track database corruption that was un-fixable with MSRE or any MSTS utility.

I hear you put in a compass with latest version .. . thanks for acting on my request. I'll get up to speed on the new release as soon as I finish up some critical track & signal work at Philadelphia. Linking going smoothly!

best regards,http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif
vince

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users