• You cannot reply to this topic

Navigation in the Terrain of the Main-Window Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Hi Goku,
I have a wish for the navigation in the terrain of the main-window of the TSRE5.
Actually I can move for-/backward and sideward by using the arrow-key’s.
But for rotating the terrain, I have to use the mouse, where the resulting moves are more or less hazardous.
My Problems:
a)By rotating the terrain with the mouse, the terrain is often no longer aligned horizontally, and by a later use of the for-/backward-key’s they produce a confusing mix of horizontal and vertical moves. The same problem with up and down by using spacebar+arrow-key’s ↑/↓. That is the same as in the MSTS-Route-Editor.

b)If I place the terrain by mouse for looking vertical down, I can move it sideward and down/up by arrow-key’s and also by spacebar+arrow-key’s ↑/↓. But I didn’t found a function to move the terrain for-/backward. I have to rotate it 90 Grad by mouse and then use the sideward-arrow-key’s.

The Problems can be solved, if the arrow-key’s move the terrain in the same highness horizontally, independent of the aligning of the terrain to the horizon, and the spacebar+arrow-key’s ↑/↓ move the camera/terrain all-time vertically.
Example: if the camera looks vertically to the ground, the arrow-key’s then are working horizontally in all directions and the spacebar+arrow-key’s ↑/↓move the terrain vertically up and down.

For rotating the Terrain I would like to have a supplementary procedure by the help of key’s.
My proposal:
Placing the Mouse pointer on the middle-point of a rotation-circle, press the
O-key+arrow-left/right for rotate the terrain in a circle around the mouse-pointer.

I propose the O-key as a round symbol for rotation-moves, please feel free to use any other key.
I hope you see a possibility to realize this proposals
Thank You for your great work with this new Editor.

Regards
EugenR

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users