• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Option "prefer dds texture" problem Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:52 PM

I was just informed that there is a bug when running in Winter only. I will be looking into this.

Edit: On second thought, before I fix anything, the current bug is why we do not have night textures when its winter/snow. The current issue is that when running in Winter, its attempting to locate the "Night folder" in the "Snow directory". This does not currently exist. I would like to ask those to experiment by adding the "Night folder" to the "Snow directory" and let me know what the results are. My recent fix could have made having snow/night textures possible.

Edit: While testing older versions, this was always possible except the dds file was not recognized. Unfortunately, I did not know about it since I do not run activities at night in the snow. This may be old news.

Edward K.

#12 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

James,

The second request you brought up should be fine. Turns out the only area that needed change was the helper area. Materials.cs is back to the way it was.

Edward K.

#13 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:12 AM

View Postedwardk, on 05 February 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

its attempting to locate the "Night folder" in the "Snow directory".

Hi Edward K.,
It works, moving the Night folder to Snow folder.
But, is there no other option to avoid modifying all the original Msts textures folders? It's a suggestion.

Original tree:
Attached Image: Msts-folders-textures.jpg

Regards,
Mauricio

#14 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

A recent submission on my part for X4056 was not complete which would cause the errors in compiling. This was now corrected as of X4057.

Edward K.

#15 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

Mauricio brought up a good fact on having to modify everything. Once I know the recent submission I made is good, there is one test that I can perform and that will include checking if the Night folder is present. If not, a null is returned and there should be nothing but dark buildings. This would make having the Night folder anywhere else such as the Snow Directory an option. The main Night folder will always be present. Mauricio was the person who let me know that he had texture issues which I thought was odd. I am still in the process of checking into this.

Edit: This started as fixing the DDS file issue so the aspect of snow/night textures could very well involve possible resource issues. Once I submit the fix with the directory check, I will note it here and ask people to test it as much as possible.

Edward K.

#16 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

With the help of Mauricio, I was able to fix his issue as well as finish the DDS file fix.

Regarding the snow/night texture, this concept already existed. I am not sure if people knew of this, but I did not. This is the reason why I was making it a big deal. I did bring up the possibilities of resource issues. Sure enough during testing, I experienced the out of video memory message. I believe it was video card memory. Either way, I did not have enough memory at one point. This is using LAA.

Edward K.

#17 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:31 PM

View Postedwardk, on 04 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Your message box must be full because I was unable to send you a message so here it is below.

It is, but I'd much rather keep all discussions in the public forums anyway (or the private forums where absolutely necessary). PMs can easily exclude those that could otherwise help. :)

View Postedwardk, on 04 February 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

I read your post and the first change was easy enough. I would have kept "Viewer.Simulator" if I found "Viewer.Simulator.Settings". The second issue needs more clarification. The changes I made in Materials.cs is based on the changes found at line #68.

It looks like you've figured it all out now, so thanks!

The only thing I'd note is that on the subsequent commits you forgot to include the same URL to this forum thread as on the first; it's handy to always include a URL to a blueprint, bug, or forum thread with every commit.

View Postedwardk, on 05 February 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

The second request you brought up should be fine. Turns out the only area that needed change was the helper area. Materials.cs is back to the way it was.

Thanks!

#18 User is offline   dforrest 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, Open Rails

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:05 AM

I am looking in the OR manual for information on the modified seasonal/night/snow sub-folders which can be uaed, but can find nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

#19 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:41 PM

View Postdforrest, on 17 October 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

I am looking in the OR manual for information on the modified seasonal/night/snow sub-folders which can be uaed, but can find nothing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

This information is more than likely not in the manual, but I will look into adding this piece of information.

#20 User is offline   edwardk 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Manual information was updated to reflect this.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users