• You cannot reply to this topic

TrackViewer maintenance What's next? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Yes, siding data is in the .tdb, I had forgotten that.

I suppose the correct question for the OR team is to ask whether the sprite text display is initiated by discovering it's specification in the world file or the .tdb. My *guess* is the world file as that would be far more simple way to discover it is present.

My assumption is changing the loader to match your file to what is in the world file and pass along only the matches would be pretty simple and yeah, probably .json. Probably best for your file to be sorted... tile id then Uid() so the matching would be a bit more efficient.

As for name and location... perhaps best to use an Activity file name; I'd stick it in the .act folder.

Best to run it past James... see if he'll approve a blueprint for it.

#12 User is offline   mikebond 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

View PostJeroenP, on 27 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

I have committed an update (x4046) where there are now keyboard shortcuts for end path (e) and wait point (w). Many other actions can now be taken with using shift & left-mouse-click. This includes starting a path, change start direction and take other exit. This should then reduce the amount of things you have to do via the context menu.

I have committed an update (x4047) where there now is a preference: You can either use the current method (shift-PgUp will draw all of the existing path but not add any nodes), or you can select that shift-PgUp extends the path as far as it goes. The latter then also make long paths in the case of placing a start point or changing the start direction.

Best regards. Jeroen.

Hi,

Has anyone else reported this error when trying to place a start point for a new path in X4046, X4048, and X4049:

A fatal error has occurred and Open Rails cannot continue.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This error may be due to bad data or a bug.

----------

This error does not occur in versions prior to X4046.

Thanks,

Mike

#13 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:54 AM

After a bit of trial and error, shift-left-mouse-button works for me.

#14 User is offline   mikebond 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:45 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 29 January 2018 - 03:54 AM, said:

After a bit of trial and error, shift-left-mouse-button works for me.

Thanks for the tip! I tried shift-left -mouse button and it worked for me, as long as I did not right-click to bring up the start point dialog.

#15 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 27 January 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Best to run it past James... see if he'll approve a blueprint for it.

Do you have any feedback on the "auto" labels for activities added in X3991 before we add an explicit list? (Notwithstanding the loop bug.)

#16 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

James, IMO the two matters are not addressing the same issues. X3991 is a good change on its own. What I'm suggesting is culling the UiD() entries at the loader that are not at all relevant to the activity being run. What remains are relevant, get passed by the loader to RunActivity, and are displayed per X3991.

The reason I'm asking for this is with specific regard to switching industrial spots. If you have a "siding" label for each side track in each town and the Activity calls for switching cars at Hookers Corner at just 1 of the 7 that are located there, of what use to the end user is displaying all 7? Similarly if you want a train to grab the cars from track 12 (of 15) in a yard show the sprite text for just that track and suppress the rest.

WRT implementation, yeah, it would require end users to do something on their own. Those that value the feature will give it a try, those that don't won't. But there are a whole lot of features in OR that some people never use so that's nothing unusual.

#17 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

In post http://www.elvastowe...ost__p__232098:

View PostHowky, on 28 January 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

New version of open rails 4048, can not build a new path in the Track Viewer, does anyone have the same problem?

View Postmikebond, on 28 January 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Has anyone else reported this error when trying to place a start point for a new path in X4046, X4048, and X4049:
A fatal error has occurred and Open Rails cannot continue.
Mike

Mike, Howky. So, I confirm this issue and will make a fix. Do note that you can still place a start-point using shift, and then click the left mouse.
Jeroen

#18 User is offline   eolesen 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the label function. Works like a champ, and now I can hand out the JSON with my routes.

#19 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 29 January 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

The reason I'm asking for this is with specific regard to switching industrial spots. If you have a "siding" label for each side track in each town and the Activity calls for switching cars at Hookers Corner at just 1 of the 7 that are located there, of what use to the end user is displaying all 7? Similarly if you want a train to grab the cars from track 12 (of 15) in a yard show the sprite text for just that track and suppress the rest.

If you are using X3991 or later and press F6, I believe you get exactly what you want:

https://james-ross.co.uk/temp/Open Rails 2018-01-30 08-41-04.png

For comparison, here is the "show everything" mode for labels:

https://james-ross.co.uk/temp/Open Rails 2018-01-30 08-42-58.png

What we're definitely still missing is automatic car labels, but I expect you can see how that's going to be implemented: same as sidings, by collecting all mentioned labels from the Work Orders.

#20 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Dear all,
I committed a fix for not being able to place a start point (X4051).

I am still working and making good progress on

View Posteolesen, on 17 January 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

-- modify how terrain textures are displayed when you have >9 tiles showing... hogs up a lot of memory when you have lots of detailed terrtex.

I have not yet spent anytime myself on the details of the viewing of siding labels and on what exactly changed already in X3991.
Best regards. Jeroen.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users