Elvas Tower: Taking units from static consists - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taking units from static consists Can un-named /static consists be divided by $transfer?

#1 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

I have a static consist made by the /static qualifier in a $detach command in a station field. The name given by the sim is S0004-00.
I would like to /take part of this consist with another train, leaving the remaining wagons behind ( to be collected by yet another train later)

I have used the following, in a station, but although the static train is "seen" as train ahead, it will not couple

08:14$transfer /static /take /units = 2
and (i`m not sure which is correct)
08:14$transfer = /static /take /units = 2

I did try
08:14$pickup /static /take /units = 2
This nearly worked, 2 wagons collected and the rest left ,but then the remainder suddenly connected to the train.

Perhaps my syntax is wrong, or maybe I`m pushing timetables too far? Here is my scenario.
A night fish train arrives from the North. The loco $detaches the fish wagons as /static, and retires to shed. Part of the detached wagons are collected by a second train for local distribution. A third train collects the remainder for the branch line.
This is taken from a historical time table. It would also be very useful if static consists could be added to, in making up trains.
thanks, rick

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users