• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

INDUSI I.60 SEL Speed Control Device Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NF1-800 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and ORTS

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hello dear railway fans. First of all i want to wish you a Happy New Year and may 2018 find us healthy and happy.
I am aware of the fact that the support for Win Xp will drop after the official version 1.3 is released so I would have one minor request till that happens. Of course i will change the PC and OS but it will take some time.
I am not sure however if this was in discussion before but i will have a go.
So as the title says, it’s about a speed control device that monitors the train’s speed and which takes action by braking the train if the engineer/driver does not respect the speed required for safety or passes a signal at DANGER/STOP.
I hope there is a way to implement this situation in the signalling script and make the correlation between the speed required by the signal device and locomotive’s engineer/driver to take action in declared time and distance.
I will try to translate my best…so here we go.
The name INDUSI comes from the german Inductive Sicherheits, the letter I come from the initials INDUSI and the number 60 represents the production year, in this case 1960.
The full working installation is based on the track device and the locomotive device, working on the inductive transmission.
The track device is placed nearby the signal in which it works together as one by sending the signal indication rule.
Either if it’s an entrance signal or block signal (usually before the entrance signal), 3 such devices are mounted along the track.
Each inductor(device) has it’s own frequency set.
The INDUSI installation for speed control works in 3 frequencies levels, those are: 2000Hz, 1000Hz and 500Hz.
List of frequencies for each inductor and it’s mounting place:
- 1000Hz for signals that warn to reduce speed (caution), to check the engineer’s/driver’s vigilance in that point.
- 500Hz at approximately 250m before signals that are on DANGER/STOP indication or CAUTION (reducing speed).
- 2000Hz for entrance/exit signals that activate the emergency brakes if passed on DANGER/STOP.
- 1000/2000Hz for the same signals as above that have dependencies with the next signal.

The equipment on the locomotive (Figure 47)
https://s14.postimg.org/d021gum8t/INDUSI_Fig_47.png
- 1 - the main equipment box with electronics.
- 2 - relays.
- 3 - the inductors, one on each side of the locomotive to those on the track, with the difference that it has 3 oscillant circuits, each on the following frequencies 2000, 1000 and 500 Hz.
- 4 - wiring connection boxes.
- 5 - HASLER tachometer/recorder type RT12i.
- 6 - tachometer indicator type A 28i.
- 7 - command buttons.
- 8 - signaling lamps.
- 9 - buzzer.
- 12 - fuses.
- 10 - electropneumatic equipment.
- 11 - inversor contacts, which enables the required inductor corresponding to the direction.

Equipment functionality
Figure 50.
https://s14.postimg.org/uq3q1wmz1/INDUSI_Fig_50.png
Schema functionala a instalatiei INDUSI pentru controlul punctual al vitezei/ Functional scheme for the INDUSI equipment for punctual speed control.
1- energy source (only on the locomotive).
2- frequency generator.
3- impuls relays.
4- locomotive inductor.
5- track inductor.
6- signal contact (relay contact).
7- time interval for pushing the CAUTION/ATTENTION button.
8- electronic contact “ Train Category “.
9- speed control.
10- electropneumatic equipment for braking.

A control upon a good functionality of the equipment is made by having installed a blue lamp in the engineer’s/driver’s cab and other lamps for fast/commuter/freight trains, again in the same cab. When the equipment is ON, all these lamps are lit.
For equipment commands, in each cab there are 3 buttons, these are:
- Button CAUTION/ATTENTION (Ba) (see fig.47), on which the engineer/driver presses while he is about to pass a signal at CAUTION with an ACTIVE inductor at 1000Hz.
- Button RE-ARM (Br) (see fig.47), in order to “reset” the equipment after the emergency brake was applied.
- Button ORDER PASS (Bd) (see fig.47), for passing a signal at DANGER/STOP at the same time having the inductor ACTIVE on the 2000Hz frenquency.

Either by pressing the CAUTION/ATTENTION button OR the ORDER PASS button and also when the emergency braking is activated there is also a buzzer sound to confirm those actions.
Depending on the signal indication, the speed control device mounted on the TRACK has 2 positions:
- Signal CLEAR - > contact CLOSED -> inductor PASSIVE
- Signal CAUTION/ATTENTION/STOP ->contact OPEN -> inductor ACTIVE

The equipment INDUSI I.60 has no influence when signals are CLEAR. It controls speed whenever the signals order speed reduction or a complete stop.
This can be done by comparing the REAL speed on the POINT CONTROL with the SPECIFIED SPEED, resulted from the safety curve for that type of train. (see figure 52).
There are 3 safety curves for each of the 3 types of trains:
- Curve 1 (superior) for fast trains.
- Curve 2 (medium) for commuters.
- Curve 3 (inferior) for freight trains.
For each of these curves, there are 2 speed control points V1 and V2.
https://s14.postimg.org/vsdwkfax9/INDUSI_Fig_52.png

Best wishes for 2018!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users