Elvas Tower: Problem creating complex path with Track Viewer - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem creating complex path with Track Viewer Exit direction on switch is correcto only the first time Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Oh yes! adding the platform name to the status bar is even better. Thanks, it will be a great help.
rick

#22 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

View Postmapindo, on 30 December 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

In a next path editor, wouldn't it be possible to create complex paths by joining many smaller simple paths?
Davide

Dear Davide. I have committed an enhancement that allows you to join two paths. You start with a first part. And then you 'Extend' the path with another one. The new path is first added as a so-called tail (which is already in the documentation). And then the editor tries to reconnect the already existing path to that tail. The latter might not always work if the two paths do not nicely line up of course. But if you have two paths that line up reasonably, then it will auto-connect. If it is not connecting it will still have the tail and you can try to improve the original path so that it is possible to reconnect.
I did not update the manual yet.

View Postrickloader, on 14 January 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Oh yes! adding the platform name to the status bar is even better. Thanks, it will be a great help.
rick

I have committed this as well. Note that both the station name and the platform name are given in the status bar, independent of whether the platform names or station names are shown in the main window. Let me know if this is indeed what you needed.

Best regards. Jeroen.

#23 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:52 AM

Hi Jeroen. Yes, having both the platform names and the station name in the status bar is very helpful. This is because in timetables you need the station names for the entries in the spreadsheet, and also the platform names to ensure you have placed linked paths on the same track ( ie platform).

I tried the fix all broken paths, apparently with success, on some. Others not fixed are probably due to my recent track alterations.I would like to have saved the resulting report window but I had to close it before continuing. Would it be possible to make the window accessible to save or copy/paste?
But I do see the status bar gives very useful info about path faults, so its not essential.
Thanks very much, rick x4031

#24 User is offline   mapindo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OR & MSTS

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

View PostJeroenP, on 15 January 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

Dear Davide. I have committed an enhancement that allows you to join two paths. You start with a first part. And then you 'Extend' the path with another one. The new path is first added as a so-called tail (which is already in the documentation). And then the editor tries to reconnect the already existing path to that tail. The latter might not always work if the two paths do not nicely line up of course. But if you have two paths that line up reasonably, then it will auto-connect. If it is not connecting it will still have the tail and you can try to improve the original path so that it is possible to reconnect.
I did not update the manual yet.

Hi Jeroen,
thank you!
At the moment I'm busy with my work, so I can't try the new version of TV.
Give me a week and I will tell you.
See you soon
Davide

#25 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Hi, I have hit a snag with TV and x4032
I get an error at the point where TV says getting angles etc. on loading the route ."system out of range exception:Index was outside the bounds of the array"
I have tried these routes
1) my very simple test route : result - TV loads route ok
2)zig-zag route result : TV Ok
3) Lyme Regis Branch : result - Out of range exception
4) Watersnake (my route) : result - Out of range exception
Watersnake has some track faults - these might cause errors. But in X4026 the route loads in TV.
In X4031 I loaded TV and selected to show platforms in the status bar, and fixed some paths. Then it intermittently refused to load and now not at all (except in x4026)
rick

#26 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Dear rick.

As I mentioned in another thread, fixing crahes is currently my main priority. Given the commits between 0426 and 4031 I can imaginewhere the problem is in the statusbar code, but I am not sure. So I would assume that if you load an OK route, than de-select to show the station & platform names, and than reload either of the two latter routes, you have no issues.

Nevertheless, I did not find any issues in the routes I have (which is a limited set I admit). Without crashing examples it might be difficult to find the issue. Could you give me some information on where to find either the Lyme Regis Branch or your Watersnake route?
Best regards

#27 User is offline   rickloader 

• Conductor

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

Thanks for your advice. As you said, deselecting "show platform names" in the status bar preferences does allow the problem routes to load. (x4032) I`m sorry I did not think of this.
Lyme Regis branch is at UKtrainsim file id 12975.
Watersnake is also at uk trainsim (aka New Forest Route) but I am using my WIP version. Unfortunately this is too big to send you.
I also tried the payware "Swanage Railway" - no problems.
Thanks again for your help, rick

#28 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

Dear Rick,
I have found the issues and committed a fix (x4034). Thanks for the help. It was not related to the route; it just happened to be a bug (my mistake obviously) that was triggered in specific circumstances. Like in the routes you mentioned.
Jeroen.

#29 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

View Postrickloader, on 16 January 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

I tried the fix all broken paths, apparently with success, on some. Others not fixed are probably due to my recent track alterations.I would like to have saved the resulting report window but I had to close it before continuing. Would it be possible to make the window accessible to save or copy/paste?

Dear Rick. Indeed the general idea was that if you make some track alterations, that you can then fix all paths directly. But sometimes apparently the fixing cannot be done automatically (there are limits of course).
I now (x4040) added a better window at the end of the fixing, allowing to save the list of modifications. Please note that if you open one of the still broken paths, you might figure out why it cannot be automatically fixed.

Jeroen.

#30 User is offline   mapindo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:OR & MSTS

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

I've just made a little test with the new version of TV.
The "highlight last-drawn section" option is a very good idea and I've been able to modify the complex path without problems.
I've not tested the "extend with other path" option yet.
Thank you Jeroen for your good work.
See you soon
Davide

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users