• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

number of tracks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PAOLODA 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

sorry, the question is: how can I see the number of railroad track in the stations? i dont see in track viewer of open rails

sorry for bad english

#2 User is offline   33lima 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

F6 should display these - try Shift+F6 to cycle through different information, if you can see nothing the first time with only F6.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

PAOLODA, on 26 December 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

sorry, the question is: how can I see the number of railroad track in the stations? i dont see in track viewer of open rails sorry for bad english

It's in the TOOLS menu

regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   PAOLODA 

• Apprentice

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

vince, on 26 December 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's in the TOOLS menu

regards,
vince

grazie per le risposte , thanks for the answers :thumbup3:

#5 User is offline   PAOLODA 

• Apprentice

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

this is the difference, in the editor of msts we read binary naples 1,2,3 etc etc. in tsre5 instead no

paolo

Attached Image: rails msts.jpg
Attached Image: rails tsre5.jpg

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

Hello Paolo,

In TSRE (the Route Editor) you can click on the platform markers and see the platform, station name, platform wait times and number of passengers. I just finished laying out all the platforms at Philadelphia

I have not used the TSRE Activity Editor at all yet as I'm way too busy working in the TSRE Route Editor but do agree there should be a display of platform track numbers/names for use of the activity writer.

Regarding the Track Viewer display;
The data displayed is entirely up to how the route author entered the data into the platform markers properties.
If you don't like or agree the way the author has entered that data you can go into the TSRE route editor and change it. It's a very simple operation but if you do that all activities using that station will have to be re-done.

regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

@Vince
The platform markers for this station must be correctly set, otherwise MSTS would not display them in the Activity editor. It seems to be a problem with the OR Track Viewer program being unable to do the same.

#8 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

copperpen, on 29 December 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

@Vince
The platform markers for this station must be correctly set, otherwise MSTS would not display them in the Activity editor. It seems to be a problem with the OR Track Viewer program being unable to do the same.
Hi Carlo,
http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_oops.gif, I seem to have missed the same numbering across all platforms. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blush2.gif
Regardless of that, I stand by my conclusion the route author sets the labels and if the wrong field in the properties box is used you will see this result. The same is true in MSTS also.

As I had referred to my re-working of the PRR-East route Philadelphia Terminal zone, about 6 tiles worth of complex track, here is a screen grab of Track Viewer and the display of the Philadelphia 30th Street Station tracks.Attached Image: OR_TrkView_Phil_PRR-East.jpg

And here in the MSTS AE:Attached Image: AE_TrkView_Phil_PRR-East.jpg

The way the platforms are displayed in TrkView depend which of the two fields in platform properties you use to designate the station and / or platform names.

Lots of folks,including me have made this error. Not a big deal as it's an easy fix now with TSRE.

best regards.,
vince
edit:addphoto

#9 User is offline   mbm_OR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

PAOLODA, on 29 December 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

this is the difference, in the editor of msts we read binary naples 1,2,3 etc etc. in tsre5 instead no

Paolo,

Maybe, you ask about this:
Attached Image: PlatformNames.jpg

Regards,
Mauricio

#10 User is offline   PAOLODA 

• Apprentice

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:27 AM

vince, on 29 December 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Hello Paolo,

In TSRE (the Route Editor) you can click on the platform markers and see the platform, station name, platform wait times and number of passengers. I just finished laying out all the platforms at Philadelphia

I have not used the TSRE Activity Editor at all yet as I'm way too busy working in the TSRE Route Editor but do agree there should be a display of platform track numbers/names for use of the activity writer.

Regarding the Track Viewer display;
The data displayed is entirely up to how the route author entered the data into the platform markers properties.
If you don't like or agree the way the author has entered that data you can go into the TSRE route editor and change it. It's a very simple operation but if you do that all activities using that station will have to be re-done.

regards,
vince

Grazie vince, molto chiaro e cortese. Thanks wins, very clear and courteous :pleasantry:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users