• You cannot reply to this topic

Aborts (in general) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Goku, is there any way you can put more information into the log when the TSRE software is aborting? I have a route that always aborts TSRE. The log tells me it was busy reading world files... I've no idea which world file ti was reading when it aborted... or whether it finished reading world files and was doing something else, or what kind of problem caused it to abort.

Most of that information is provided in the OR logs and in many, many cases has proven quite useful to tracking down the problem.

Absent that I'll be firing up Procmon.exe to see what it reports; I'll get a bit more info because I'm familiar w/ how procmon works but IMO it's not a suitable tool for the average end user.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Most of that information is provided in the OR logs and in many, many cases has proven quite useful to tracking down the problem.

OR is made using C#. In C# or Java or any other VM language you will always get nice call stack log for tracking errors out of the box. In C++ it is not that simple. Of course it is possible to do, but I'm not a C++ master. And even if it is done, you can't fix TSRE bug, so I need to look at it anyway.

On my computer I can just run TSRE in debug mode and see where it crashed and see the call stack. And I can fix the bug. Of course everyone can download TSRE sources, build it and run on debug mode.

If one of your route crashes TSRE, but works in MSTS it is very important for me to look at it.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

Ok, I check it in both programs next time it happens.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users