• You cannot reply to this topic

The Put texture list Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

Goku, is there any way you can change how the list of picked and loaded textures is displayed so the list can show more textures than present? Perhaps smaller icons? I'm routinely finding the need to churn the list (kipieć) and once one starts doing that each addition pushes something else out you may want to use next -- another pick, another load, another texture kicked off the list.

Also, I've noticed the code doesn't check for an existing texture when doing either pick or load. Failing to check results in having two (or more) of the same texture in the list. Doing a check beforehand would help a little bit in reducing the need to churn the list.

Last, recently I've noticed that after loading or picking a texture that sometimes one of the previously loaded/picked textures in the display window is pushed into the square used to define the paint brush nib (lower right corner?). Is that intentional?

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Last, recently I've noticed that after loading or picking a texture that sometimes one of the previously loaded/picked textures in the display window is pushed into the square used to define the paint brush nib (lower right corner?). Is that intentional?

No. You found a bug.

#3 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

Could I suggest that each texture has a border around it separating it from the others. It can be quite confusing when there are 3/4 grey/green, 1/4 grey/green, 1/2 grey green textures. My eyes go funny trying to work out which one to select.
Garry

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Garry has a good point. Even a single pixel outline would do. Consider white for everything except the active icon, that one could be red (or all grey and one white, whatever). That would let you use the same size for all of the icons.

As for showing more, Mosaic had the same problem when it was first released. Following a suggestion John added an option for the user to increase or decrease the size of the displayed icon. It worked well... you changed the size of the icon as needed. You could also remove an icon from the list (mouse over image, right mouse click, remove).

Before you do anything about this, please consider a larger departure from the existing solution: One tool window for each major task, which is to say one tool window from manipulating the terrain mesh, a different one for working with terrtex art, and maybe a small one for working with the water layer. That would give you a lot more space to show tertex icons as well as achieving a clear focus around each type of task. You might be able to substantially reduce the properties window as well. I also think the extra clarity of purpose these three would have by virtue of being a single task window would be a big help to new users of the software.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users