Elvas Tower: Uncoupling crashes OR - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uncoupling crashes OR Uncoupling crashes OR maybe because of Brake pipes? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:07 AM

Hi, if I uncouple a consist I get an error message, no matter if it is the last wagon or the loco or some wagon inbetween.

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (38.28K)
Number of downloads: 207

The used OR version is the todays X 4007. Can't tell since which X-version the bug appears. But at least 2 to 3 weeks ago I was able to uncouple consists without any problem.

Greetings

#2 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

I get the same crash using the same consist that worked yesterday in X4002. I see that Peter has made some code adjustments to the vac brake system in 4007, and I am running vac braked consist. It may be that I have some wrong data in the eng or wag files, will check those to verify.

EDIT. This error only happens with Vac braked stock, but the error refers to air single pipe. All the stock in the test consist is Vacuum single pipe.

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

Now I've tried it with the previous version X 4006. There is no problem to uncouple.

#4 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

Hopefully this has been corrected in #4009.

Please confirm that this is the case.

Thanks for identifying this issue.

#5 User is offline   jonas 

• Engineer

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

I've test it with X4009 now. The bug is gone. Thanks for fixing it!

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Yes, uncoupling works fine again, but I have noticed something else. I appreciate this is still very much WIP, but I am seeing very strange figures for the InHG for BP and the two res, with BC at 0, BP Aux and erg res figures are all at 183 which is a very high vacuum indeed. This is a diesel locomotive with 8 cars in the consist. The actual speed of application is very fast, full brake application in a few seconds, but to get back to release conditions takes longer.

#7 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 18 December 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Yes, uncoupling works fine again, but I have noticed something else. I appreciate this is still very much WIP, but I am seeing very strange figures for the InHG for BP and the two res, with BC at 0, BP Aux and erg res figures are all at 183 which is a very high vacuum indeed. This is a diesel locomotive with 8 cars in the consist. The actual speed of application is very fast, full brake application in a few seconds, but to get back to release conditions takes longer.

Thanks for the feedback. We will have a look at it.

#8 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 18 December 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Work on vacuum brakes is at an early stage. So far only steam has been looked at and there is more work to do on steam. Hopefully any numbers or units you see for steam will make sense. Diesel and electric will be dealt with later.

The fast application and slow release is a feature of real life vacuum brakes and we are trying to model this in OR. Hopefully release time will be about 30 seconds from 0 to 21 in Hg on a 7-coach passenger train. This is prototypical. Hopefully we can get things about right for longer and shorter trains too.

A problem here is that if using MSTS files many people including myself increased application and release times to slow things down in MSTS. This will make them even slower in OR.

Ideally when you make a service stop at a station you should have 14 to 16 in on the gauge, so that release time will not be too long - also so that you will come to a gently stop with the couplings stretched to avoid bunching and jerking.

Darwin

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users