• You cannot reply to this topic

Lost Treasures..But... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   longiron 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails, MSTS editors

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

View Postlineman, on 13 December 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

I ran 1218 with the 'A' engine changed to istenderrequired (-1 ) and the 'B' engine changed to istenderrequired ( 1 ) and the f5 and cabview both show 100% for coal and water. Just copied what NALW did for their BigBoys. The engine seems to wait until the bC is 0 before it will move, if you advance the throttle before that it will do nothing and then jump to whatever setting when you tried to advance the throttle but never saw it move.

I have the exact same experience with my B&O EL engines. I wonder what's in the eng file to cause that behavior? I've just learned to live with it, as no one else was experiencing it.

chris

#12 User is offline   Reading2102 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostRailroad Librarian, on 12 December 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

I have been digging through old files looking for lost items and continue to 'rediscover' treasures form the past along the way. In fact, I plan to start a thread showcasing some lost old gems next year.

But...I'm posting here for two reasons. One, to showcase several rather pleasing models that deserve a second look:

Norfolk And Western Steam Pack (and a patch) from 2005 by Jan van der Reijden.
This file includes five N&W locomotives along with a couple of pieces of rolling stock; though only the caboose is worth using today.
The five locomotives include: Class Y6B #2171, Class A #1218, Class J #611, Class M #1100, and a Class Y3 #2009.
File name:s nwsteam.zip / nwsteamp.zip

Two Norfolk & Western 2-Bay Hopper sets (H7 and HL series from the 1930s) from 2003 by Michael Stovall.
Both sets hold up quite weel considering their age.
File names: nw-h701.zip / nw-hl01.zip

But I also am asking for assistance with these models. I'm already working on some repainting (weathering and tweaking etc...) but I can't get any of the locos to operate. They load fine, sound great but when I try to advance the throttle in any of the models nothing happens -- they just sit there. I'm sure someone here knows how to get these mighty beasts to run and they deserve a chance to once again grace the rails.

Anyone able to help, please...?

Anyway...here's a few screenshots I created of one of the N&W monsters...

The NW Steam J611, 1218, and Y6b run fine in MSTS, but was having the problem you described in ORTS.
In open rail I was having same issue... HUD shows 0% fuel and ⁰% water. I did shift - T, and then hit R to get the fire hot as well as opening the blower N. After a few minutes, it will operate. Trying to find the edits I need to make to make it work better in ORTS as well. Let me know if anyone has figured it out. Also would like to fix reverse and train brake. They are attached wrong in cabview.

This post has been edited by Reading2102: 09 September 2020 - 10:59 AM

#13 User is offline   Reading2102 

• Apprentice

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:57 AM

View Postlongiron, on 13 December 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

I have the exact same experience with my B&O EL engines. I wonder what's in the eng file to cause that behavior? I've just learned to live with it, as no one else was experiencing it.

chris

Thanks for the tip. Are there other mods to the eng files that I should make?

#14 User is offline   Reading2102 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:31 AM

View PostReading2102, on 09 September 2020 - 10:53 AM, said:

The NW Steam J611, 1218, and Y6b run fine in MSTS, but was having the problem you described in ORTS.
In open rail I was having same issue... HUD shows 0% fuel and ⁰% water. I did shift - T, and then hit R to get the fire hot as well as opening the blower N. After a few minutes, it will operate. Trying to find the edits I need to make to make it work better in ORTS as well. Let me know if anyone has figured it out. Also would like to fix reverse and train brake. They are attached wrong in cabview.

I’ve done the eng a and engine b modifications tacking the tender ( -1 ) for lead (1218.eng) and tender ( 1 ) for 1218a.eng and that fixed the fuel issue. Still takes a long time to start. What I happened on by accident is that if you hit “?” That reinitializes the braking systems, and then can take off right away. Has anyone got a recommendation as to what needs changed in the engine profile to fix this (so the braking system doesn’t need reinitialized —— shouldn’t have to hit ? to run a train.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users