• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE Crash A single tile seems to be causing a TSRE crash Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostGoku, on 18 December 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

previous quote:Goku, on 15 December 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:".......snip...................TSRE should handle track editing tr vector even if there are interactives on it. File size doesn't matter."[end previous quote]

[and todays quote]
No! You can't edit track section with interactive on it. You must to delete them first.
I was talking about tdb line and that is different thing. Tdb line contains many track sections.
Also if you remove junction with linked signals from tdb using Z, the signal links will be broken.

These two quotes from your posts seem to be at odds. Editing Tr vector means to me editing track.
Either I can or cannot edit a route that has interactives installed? Which is it?

regards,
vince

#12 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Tr Vector is line between Tr points. (TrVectorNode)
It's made of track sections.
Track section is just the part that belongs to one track shape.
Track interactives are shown as black boxes.

In MSRE editing TrVectorNode that contains interactive was good way to damage the route. TSRE should handle this. But you still can't remove track section where interactives are on it.

So, on this image: you can remove Track Section 1, but you can't remove track section 2.

https://i.imgur.com/2bZbEAk.png

#13 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostGoku, on 18 December 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Tr Vector is line between Tr points. (TrVectorNode)
It's made of track sections.Track section is just the part that belongs to one track shape.Track interactives are shown as black boxes. In MSRE editing TrVectorNode that contains interactive was good way to damage the route. TSRE should handle this. But you still can't remove track section where interactives are on it. So, on this image: you can remove Track Section 1, but you can't remove track section 2.
[redundant img removed]
Thank you Goku. Concise, to the point and very understandable.

regards,
vince

#14 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

Try this version: http://koniec.org/ts...E5_v0.69481.exe

TSRE will not crash and you can continue editing your route.

But I didn't fixed your route. TSRE crashed because speedpost object was reffering to track item that is not a speedpost.
The problem with your route is that you fall into this issue:

http://www.elvastowe...reated-by-tsre/

If a section of track is removed while a [...]Item (marker) is still placed on that section, the [...]Item entries for those [...]Item are cleared (substituted by an EmptyItem), but the references in the world file for these [...]Items is left unchanged.
Therefor there is then an inconsistency between the world files and the tdb because there is a [...]Item entry with a reference to a tdb entry which no longer exists.
But that's only the start of things.
Suppose the user hasn't noticed this (there is no warning or whatever), continues to edit and places new [...]Items. These new [...]Items will now use those tdb entries which were cleared earlier - so there now are different [...]Items, perhaps in different world files, referring to the same tdb entry.
Clearly, one set of these [...]Items - those on the section of track which was removed at the start of things - are now 'dead', and sooner or later the user will notice this. The user will then go back to the editor, select the [...]Items and remove them. But in doing so, TSRE will clear the referenced tdb entries - but these are now used by other [...]Items, so these other [...]Items now loose their tdb entries and these are now 'dead'.
It is clear that this problem can spread like wildfire through the .tdb, and the user could end up having to replace dozens of [...]Items before it is rooted out.

Looking in TSRE log, I think you have at least 5 "dead" track items.

#15 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:08 AM

Greetings Goku.

I've been experiencing tsre5 crashing in my system recently.
Been using 0.69751 until a few days ago, and I was able to introduce track inclination for dynamic track.
The last weekend I changed to 0.609752 and tsre5 crashes when i introduce the inclination in the respective box. Now i can only change inclination via rotation key 'R'
Tried reverting back to 0.69751 and i crashes…Do you have any insights about this?
many thnaks!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users