• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE Crash A single tile seems to be causing a TSRE crash Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

Hi Goku,

Got a problem. The tile was involved in yesterdays (Saturday) edits. The normal train ride test run through the area (& tile) went normally. I ended yesterdays editing several tiles south of the problem so I did not fly the editor to the problem tile until this morning.
++ If I attempt to move towards the tile from any direction I get a hard TSRE crash. (a first for me!)

++ If I use the tile as the TSRE start tile, TSRE crashes on startup.

I have attached the zipped TSRE Log.txt

regards,
vince
Attached File  TSRE_6948_LOG.ZIP (14.38K)
Number of downloads: 974

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:13 AM

If you send me the route then I can fix it.

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

<Admin Comment>

Please send him a PM w/ instructions on how to get the route to you. It's too large to attach to a post.

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

What I typed into wifes i5:
Pwr supply fubar. System in shop. This reply via ifone. I can access forums on wife’s ifone so yes,send instructions how to get route to you.

What ifone thinks I wanted to say:

Per supply fubar. System in shop. This reply via icons. I can access forums on wife’s ifone so yes,send instructions how to get route to you.

Thanks Apple for saying something I didn't want,
vince

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

Compress the route using zip, or 7z or something. Skip directories: Textures, Terrtex.

Use your google account or something to upload the file. If you don't have any cloud, you can upload the file here:
https://mega.nz

In log I see that you removed some track where there was still interactives on it.

#6 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Up & running. Desktop power supply replaced. lifetime warrenty!

View PostGoku, on 14 December 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

++Compress the route using zip, or 7z or something. Skip directories: Textures, Terrtex.
Use your google account or something to upload the file. If you don't have any cloud, you can upload the file here:
https://mega.nz
++In log I see that you removed some track where there was still interactives on it.

++ "... or something = WinRar. Is this ok?
++ I'll look for a way to get route to you. Thanks for suggestions.
++ On tile that has the problem I was installing signals.
The tracks I did select was on same tile but nowhere any signals. I was repairing TDB mis-alignments.
I had selected several sections in this sequence: 1.select, 2.Z, 3, de-select. 4. select, 5.Z
When I correct alignment on a switch (turnout) I always check alignment for all switch exits.
[emphasis added]
I have seen the same switch show up mis-aligned where is was perfect the day before. I'll correct it but if I go back to the switch a day or so later, it's gone bad again but sometimes NOT the same divirge exit. Could be a bad alignment on any of a particular switches exits. Like I said, random, intermittent.

As a survivor of 32 years with Big Blue I know that these are two words a programmer does not like hearing. Sorry . . this was a bitchy route to try out editing with TSRE but I feel a stress test is a good way to test things.

This is what I do correcting these TDB Yellow line mis-alignments that now seem to be showing up in parts of the route I have never edited at all! The mis-alignments are both vertical & horizontal and like I said they are increasingly showing up in other locations around the route, locations that have never been edited by me. This is very troubling because I know you save TBD (and every other saveable file) for every save.

The PRR TDB is >50MB. Is This choking TSRE? Causing random tdb changes? I don't know but it is suspicious.
The PRR-East TDB is a horror! Broken nodes everywhere! But it DOES run perfectly in Open Rails. MSTS is a ? tho'. Have not tried running it.

regards,
vince

#7 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostGoku, on 14 December 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

.........snip...........................In log I see that you removed some track where there was still interactives on it.

If you are logging this could I suggest you add a warning message if a delete track/road involves an interactive(s).

regards,
vince

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

If you are logging this could I suggest you add a warning message if a delete track/road involves an interactive(s).

Yes. Of course this is missing important feature of TSRE. But to do next year.

I had selected several sections in this sequence: 1.select, 2.Z, 3, de-select. 4. select, 5.Z

TSRE should handle track editing tr vector even if there are interactives on it.

The PRR TDB is >50MB. Is This choking TSRE? Causing random tdb changes? I don't know but it is suspicious.

File size doesn't matter.

#9 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 December 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Yes. Of course this is missing important feature of TSRE. But to do next year.
TSRE should handle track editing tr vector even if there are interactives on it.
File size doesn't matter.

Okay, thank you.
re: interactives.
Okay, lets say we have the 'appearance' of a mis-aligned tdb line.
I do my thing with Select, Z, and so on.
This 'moves' the tdb line to an apparent good lined up position. IOW, the tdb line 'moved'.

Now you are saying that this is not a problem even if there are interactives? Remembering the apparent movement of the tdb line? Really? Ok, if you say so but it seems odd (and scary) that I can move a tdb line that has interactive object installed without causing problems.

By the way, I have NEVER ever and never will (per your instructions) move or 'correct' a track section with an interactive on it. Been burned too badly by this in the past.
I will always delete the interactive before selecting the track.

regards,
vince

#10 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

No! You can't edit track section with interactive on it. You must to delete them first.
I was talking about tdb line and that is different thing. Tdb line contains many track sections.
Also if you remove junction with linked signals from tdb using Z, the signal links will be broken.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users