• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TDB Alignment Problems Intermittent Random TDB mis-alignment Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

The 'X' to add TDB now takes 15 seconds to execute where previously it took 3 to 5 seconds. NOT complaining, just curious about the extra time now?

It shouldn't work that long.
Unless ..

Also not sure if having Display TDB Items checked on has anything to do with the time as I had noticed in the past that when TDB Items is first checked it takes a good 15 seconds to see the display. Related? I dunno'. Cheers

.. you have display tritems enabled. When editing TDB the tritems display mus be refreshed, so it can take a little more tile.

#32 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostGoku, on 26 December 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

It shouldn't work that long.
Unless ..

.. you have display tritems enabled. When editing TDB the tritems display mus be refreshed, so it can take a little more tile. [time]

Good morning Goku,
Yes, that is what I figured http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif and I did not regard this as a bug, only an observation that I wanted to run by you. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Now . . . . . .getting rid of those TDB Item markers? Any hope of that?

best regards,
vince

#33 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

You can remove them by Z, but I think it's better to wait for some TDB integrity check functions in TSRE.

#34 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

View PostGoku, on 26 December 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

You can remove them by Z, but I think it's better to wait for some TDB integrity check functions in TSRE.

Thanks for that Goku . . . I have come across a possible way to remove. It happens that last night I was inspecting track on the tile that originally caused the crash. This is a 2 trk line, there were two speed post items but the red line was 'stretched' almost 1.5 Km! Any attempt to select the grey marker for the speedpost resulted in a crash to desktop. So I did following:
1. selected track where speed marker was and deleted.
2. selected speed marker . . . crash to desktop.
On reload of TSRE the 'phantom' speed post markers were gone! http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/buffalobill.png

There were also several signal shaped without the red signal tripper. I deleted these without a problem.
So in the case I previously reported, the black TDB Item markers that cant be selected . . . I'll try an experiment. Simply delete the track where the marker is located and watch what happens ... I'm betting TSRE will remove the marker when there is no track to reference. Of course this could blow the entire TDB but that's what backups are for.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif

I'll report results.

By the way, would it be a useful 'TSRE Rule' to say:
"Never delete or modify the track between two Red Pole Junction Nodes if there are interactives present on that track."

regards,
vince
17:52 edit add: Success. The two 'phantom' black TDB Item boxes are gone all seems well. v

#35 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

The missing last section in vector node is an TSRE bug. Sometimes when you join two vectors, the last section in one vector is lost. I'll fix it later.

http://www.elvastowe...attach_id=83378

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users