TDB Alignment Problems Intermittent Random TDB mis-alignment Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Hi Goku,
I'm baaaack....
I have a perplexing problem with the yellow TDB lines (a.) Going off alingment, (b.) missing from a previously installed section(s).
The alignment problems have turned up in various locations in the route, locations where I'm sure there were no alignment problems.
The TDB especially in a switch, crossover or a section with multiple paths should (in theory) never be able to get mis-aligned and yet, it is happening.

Here's a view of a A1tPnt5dSRgt.s switch where the paths went off alignment, produces a noticeable sideways jump when passed:Attached File  TDB_Alignment-06.jpg (120.79K)
Number of downloads: 15

Correcting the alignment is very easy as I noted in the text in the attached picture but this keeps happening and I can't recall anything I'm doing that would cause this.
Sorry to dump another hot potato in your lap but this ones got me stumped.

best regards,
vince

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

With so extremely little amount of information, I will do nothing ..

Of course I agree, it doesn't look nice.

#3 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

I've seen this, too, but only in a few places. One spot used to install a blue pole when rebuilding, but it's actually off by several meters. A train will transit the spots where this happens without trouble.
That track was placed using the MSTS RE, so it likely isn't just a TSRE issue

#4 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostGoku, on 09 December 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

With so extremely little amount of information, I will do nothing ..Of course I agree, it doesn't look nice.

Hi Goku,

What do you need?
While waiting for your reply I'll try to explain in more detail. There is very little information I can provide as the only way I find a mis-align is either visually when I'm editing or getting jerked sideways riding over the bad alignment. No formal 'errors' or such as it's a visual or physical thing and I don't get an error log for that.

+When I install track I am very, very careful, visually checking the yellow TDB map are perfectly aligned. . . . Always, and all new track is given a check ride.
+Now, taking the example I provided, an ordinary 5 degree switch that been around for many years now.
( Yes, it is an XTracks add-on, a short version of the default 5d switches.)

++Since the switch in this case has two paths with one end of each path having the same origin point?
The Origin I understand is the point where the two paths join in a switch.
Is this correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

++This origin point must be the same for each of the two paths through this switch in the example. It can never or should never change!

Yet here we have a separation of a single origin point. This produces a lateral jump as I drive over it.
It was not two separate vectors when I placed, checked and drove over when I installed
this tracksection.

I have a test autopilot activity that runs a single GG1 through pretty much all of the track in the area I'm modding. That's how I'm finding these mis-alignments, I sometimes catch them visually when I'm editing.
They seem show up randomly and intermittently, no particular reason that I can see and have been doing so for a couple of months.
I've refrained fromn posting on this as I wanted to collect pictures (I now have 8) and the problem is easy to correct;
Just select the track, in this case the switch,' Z' to remove TDB, select again and 'Z' the TDB back.

That's it, no moving any track at all.
Resetting the TDB for this switch via the 'Z' key lines it up every time but I sometimes discover that another tracksection somewhere in the area has gone mis-aligned.
Maybe saving a 50+ megabyte database save is causing a bit of indigestion for TSRE?

So it's something causing the TDB to move a point that is one of the path ends of this switch.
Rounding errors between the two path points that should both be the same?
I dunno' Goku but something's causing the path point of the TDB line to move, producing physical effects in the Sim.

PRR-Eastern Region routes database sizes are:
TDB = 50.1 MB
TIT = 20.8 MB
RDB = 15.0 MB
RIT = 1.6 MB
Tile objects at fail area = 3,789http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jawdrop2.gif

regards,
vince

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

They seem show up randomly and intermittently, no particular reason that I can see and have been doing so for a couple of months.

That's very important information. So, it happens like forever?

Just select the track, in this case the switch,' Z' to remove TDB, select again and 'Z' the TDB back.
That's it, no moving any track at all.
Resetting the TDB for this switch via the 'Z' key lines it up every time but I sometimes discover that another tracksection somewhere in the area has gone mis-aligned.

I think, you are not correcting this error, but moving it on to the other end of the vector line. Can you check it?

Do you think, you could edit in the past the vector lines where the error is? For example on the other end, or something.
Does it happen to long vector, or short?

I don't see any option how TSRE could do something wrong here if the vector line wasn't touched.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

Since the switch in this case has two paths with one end of each path having the same origin point?
The Origin I understand is the point where the two paths join in a switch.
Is this correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This origin point must be the same for each of the two paths through this switch in the example. It can never or should never change!

It's not always the case. TDB hast only two kind of objects: lines and points. If point relates to one line, it's endnode, in other cases it's junctionnode.

As you know, line has one origin point and one end point.
So, what's happen if you have one line between two junctions?

When you connect two switches ( image A -> B ), two lines are joined into one, two end points are removed and one origin point becomes end point.

When you press Z twice ( image C ), the switch lines are created as new and the vector line is added to the new line, so vector line direction is reversed. And I don't know if you just don't move the error to the green point I or II.

https://i.imgur.com/9zXLhy2.png

#7 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

correction: When I use Z to reset tdb, the divirge and the straight through are both in correct position.
What bothers me is the tdb mis-align are the same shape, ie. a switch. The tdb lines seperating at the tracknode of a switch is a problem. Attempting to setup DropBox to get route to you.
No. When I use Z in the method I described to reset tdb, the divorce and the straight thru are both in correct position.
Regards,
Vince

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

When you send me the route, please tell me an example location of tdb misalignment, so I can look at it.

#9 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

Goku, these tracks were placed in the MSTS RE, and if removed from the TDB and re-entered in TSRE, these gaps would create blue poles. However, left as-is, a train will transit these spots with no trouble. What's odd is that in the third image, the interactives go below the ground, while the TSection line goes up. It seems they're most prevalent on hills, particularly steeper ones, these being 1.5% and 2%, respectively

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

This is only rendering issue in TSRE, not related to data damage. I don't know why MSTS RE sometimes doesn't put proper X angle into the TDB.
Train simulation doesn't use this X value.

Suprise for me is why blue pole is created when re-entered in TSRE. I think this error was fixed in TSRE. Are you using new version? Can you show me an example?

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users