• You cannot reply to this topic

White track areas in Sherman Hill advice needed Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

View Postcapo, on 08 December 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

getting the white voided track sections in open rails running the Sherman hill route by 3dtrains

Do not photograph your monitor.

Press PRTSCRN to capture an image of the screen. (If using Open Rails, it will suppress the mouse pointer and any informational messages that might be displayed at that moment.)

The image will be stored on your computer, and copied to the Windows Clipboard. You can then Paste (only the most-recent) image into your favorite graphics editor. Or you can open the stored file. MSTS stores its files in its main installation folder as scrgrb*.pcx files, with numbers starting at 1 each MSTS session. If the file already exists (from a previous run of MSTS), it will be silently overwritten. Open Rails stores its screen shots in a sub-folder of your Pictures folder, as a (usually large) .png file. Each screen shot is named with the date & time of the moment (in real time) you take it, so there will never be any overwriting unless you start fiddling with your computer's time and date. The save location can be changed with a Registry modification.

You can then attach your screen image to your post, or upload it to an image hosting site and link to it here. Images uploaded with your post should be in .jpg format and not be too large, so some manipulation in a graphics package (e.g. IrfanView, Photoshop, Paint.Net, etc.) may be necessary prior.

#12 User is offline   waivethefive 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

Is there a specific track profile available for Sherman, since the one for the Feather River version of ScaleRail produces this incorrect effect. I will add that when this trackprofile is used for Sherman, I can only run a little bit of distance before the Open Rails application bombs back to the desktop. If I turn Superelevation off, I can run indefinitely without bombing. Not sure if this is because of a flawed trackprofile inconsistent with changes made to Scalerail in between versions, or whether it is a flat out bug in the superelevation part of the code. Log attached at bottom.

Top pic is transition between regular straight scalerail and OR superelevated curve using track profile

https://s8.postimg.cc/r48j2cdb9/sherman01.jpg

https://s8.postimg.cc/6k3p3vczp/sherman02.jpg

https://s8.postimg.cc/rgzx8jiqd/sherman03.jpg

#13 User is offline   paulytechnic 

• Conductor

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

View Postwaivethefive, on 21 August 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

Is there a specific track profile available for Sherman, since the one for the Feather River version of ScaleRail produces this incorrect effect. I will add that when this trackprofile is used for Sherman, I can only run a little bit of distance before the Open Rails application bombs back to the desktop. If I turn Superelevation off, I can run indefinitely without bombing. Not sure if this is because of a flawed trackprofile inconsistent with changes made to Scalerail in between versions, or whether it is a flat out bug in the superelevation part of the code. Log attached at bottom.

I was wondering the same thing about a separate Sherman Hill track profile, since the tie spacing is different between the two routes (my post here has additional info). The only issue I've had with the Feather River track profile was that it caused an odd "arithmetic error" that crashed OR when starting from Oroville on any path (but not from any other location). I managed to fix the issue by manually editing the TrProfile.stf, changing the "PitchControlScalar" value from 1 to 2. I really have no idea what that value actually does, but it prevented the errors/crashing, and I don't notice any ill effects visually from that change. I got the idea from comparing that profile to the US3 profile, which had a value of 4.

#14 User is offline   waivethefive 

• Hostler

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:18 AM

Will try that, thanks.

I was getting the bombing problem approaching Borie Jct on Sherman (Among other spots).

I did notice that the location of the camera was a factor. If my external view was up near the locomotives, it would bomb before going through the interlocking with the train never getting past the signals. If the camera was riding along with the last car, the head end of the train would make it past the interlocking, knocking the signal down to red as seen from the rear. Once I relocated the camera to the engines, it was 1 second and then bomb city.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users