• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE Con editor bug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

The con editor fails to detect the correct use of escape characters in .wags and .engs

Given this .wag:

SIMISA@@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

Wagon ( XM_SLSF_127137_MT
comment( USRA Double-Sheathed Wood Box car )

Include ( "..\\Common.Model\\USA\\USRA_DS_Boxcar_Tim_Muir_Model\\XM_USRA_DS_Mesh_Defined.inc" )
Include ( "..\\Common.Fleet\\USA\\Std_Type_E_Coupler_Generic_Draft_Gear.inc" )
Include ( "..\\Common.Model\\USA\\USRA_DS_Boxcar_Tim_Muir_Model\\XM_USRA_DS_MTY_Weight.inc" )
Include ( "..\\Common.Fleet\\USA\\Single_Pipe_AB_Brakes.inc" )
Sound ( "GenFreightWag1.sms" )
Name ( "XM SLSF 127137 Mty" )
)

TSRE Con editor produces this error:

[I] "e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/xm_slsf_usra_ds/xm_slsf_127137_mt.wag"
[I] "e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/xm_slsf_usra_ds/..\\\\common.model\\\\usa\\\\usra_ds_boxcar_tim_muir_model\\\\xm_usra_ds_mesh_defined.inc" not exist
[I] "e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/xm_slsf_usra_ds/..\\\\common.fleet\\\\usa\\\\std_type_e_coupler_generic_draft_gear.inc" not exist
[I] "e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/xm_slsf_usra_ds/..\\\\common.model\\\\usa\\\\usra_ds_boxcar_tim_muir_model\\\\xm_usra_ds_mty_weight.inc" not exist
[I] "e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/xm_slsf_usra_ds/..\\\\common.fleet\\\\usa\\\\single_pipe_ab_brakes.inc" not exist

All of which is false. It appears TSRE Con editor is adding characters when it should not be doing so.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:50 AM

This should fix it: http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6944.exe

#3 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:25 AM

thank you, Goku!

#4 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Yeah, seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

Different issue: The log file says a number of .inc files cannot be found, yet when I do to both the .eng file and the respective directories everything is present. The log entry is

"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/s-1_sp_1017ts.eng"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_mesh_defined.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.fleet/usa/std_late_steam_era_diesel_switcher_coupler.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_weight.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_locomotive_brake.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_lights.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_locomotive_specs.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_locomotive_controllers.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_monitors.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_air_compressor.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_brakestand.inc"
"e:/bin/open rails - us west 1953-1965/trains/trainset/sp_s1/../common.model/usa/alco_s1_stds_percy_&_norton_model/s1_text.inc"

My editor has the ability to open any file when there is a proper path... I can click and open every one of the lines shown above. That tells me they are all there. Do you have any ideas why the .con editor cannot find those files? Might it have something to do with the total number of characters? The back reference? It's perplexing because the string is valid.

Possibly a similar problem, this log statement:

"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_ld_lettuce.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_7234/sfrd_7234_open_ld.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_8225/sfrd_8225_open_ld.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_ld_cantalopes.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_ld_grapes.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_ld_potatoes.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_ld_tomatoes.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_open_ld_lemons.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_open_ld_oranges.wag" not exist
"e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40/rs_sfrd_8220_clsd_mty.wag" not exist

All of those are also present... here is the file explorer window (click once to enlarge to full size):
Attached File  Clipboard02.jpg (321.91K)
Number of downloads: 10

Thank you for any help you might provide in explaining what's not right.

Last comment, could you please add one or more path statements in your settings file to set the location of your logs, settings, etc.? People can then direct logs and all other other stuff to whatever location they prefer. I've got my preferred directory for such things (it is not my desktop, which normally has 12-16 icons, max). If somebody wants that stuff on their desktop they can enter C:\Users\Public\Desktop. The rest of us will use some other location. Thanks.

#5 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 05 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Different issue: The log file says a number of .inc files cannot be found, yet when I do to both the .eng file and the respective directories everything is present. The log entry is

I don't see "not found" text here, so the files are just loaded. It's an information, not error.

View PostGenma Saotome, on 05 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Possibly a similar problem, this log statement:

I see an error in your path in file:
e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr40
But on disk:
e:/bin/open rails - us midwest 1953-1965/trains/trainset/rs_sfrd_rr-40

#6 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

Ahhh, so it's my error! Very sorry to have bothered you about this, my apologies for wasting your time!

FWIW, my eyesight isn't at all as good as it should be... a degenerative disorder leaves too much water in my corneas, blurring my vision. Tossing in a few drops of salt water helps some but doesn't correct the problem. Years of exposure to UV light creates flaws in the cornea that further messes up one's vision (n.b., eye doctors are now saying if you are outside in the sunlight for more than 15 minutes you really should be wearing UV sunglasses... wish I had known that a long time ago!) and at age 65 am now old enough to have some cataract issues as well; It's really disappointing... I used to have 20:10 vision, which meant I could read signs at twice the distance that an average person could. In school spotting the dropped contact lens people were searching for was no big deal for me -- bingo! it's right over there. Nowdays I can go outside at night, take off my glasses and look up to see all 6 moons up in the sky(that's what UV light can do to ya).

Anyway, thanks for the answer, the error is already corrected.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users