• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Relative or Absolute Path Stored in Saved Timetable Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Railcat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hi, I've made a timetable with over about 1000 trains around 24h. Based on the calculate time always from 00:00, thus the later start time of the train you want to run, the longer game loading time you will have to wait. So I find a way to share my timetable with others and help them avoid too much waiting time. The way is to share others with each saved game files. Once the loading complete, fast press F2 and then share this saved files. But I find a problem in this way. The problem is the one who plays the saved file must have the same game install path with mine. Further I have found that it's files used in activity that their paths stored in saved files are in absolute paths caused this problem. So my request is whether it's possible to store relative path in the saved game activity files? :sign_thanks:

#2 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostRailcat, on 04 December 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

So my request is whether it's possible to store relative path in the saved game activity files? :sign_thanks:

What would it be relative to? If you make it relative to the installation profile (MSTS mini route or whatever), what happens if the user has the same route installed twice across all their installation profiles? (E.g. the released version and one they've edited.) You might be able to get away with the installation profile name (directory name or configuration name, though?) + relative path inside it - which would require everyone to name their installation profiles the same to share the saves, but wouldn't be affected by duplicate routes.

The latter option may be easier in the future, when we have developed a content directory file format and appropriate infrastructure inside the game to use it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users