• You cannot reply to this topic

Signal Linking Issues (TSRE) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jdilworth 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:02 AM

Hey Goku,

I've been having some issues with signal linking. In this case, it is adding switch stands, which are treated like semaphore signals. The issue I'm having is setting a signal link for normal movements through the switch. (see red bordered area in attached image). There doesn't appear to be a way to set the link at this location, and it is most noticeable when there is another switch directly after, also as shown in the image. It will allow me to set the link, just beyond the frog, for the diverging track, but not for the straight-track. I've had to use the MSTS editor to get these kinds of links, and I am trying to avoid doing that, if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

What I typically do for signal links is click just to whichever side of the points I need. In the image, this would be to the right of the points for the through route. I just set up a whole route, including switchstands and signals, using this trick, and the only trouble is with double-slips, where you have to be pretty precise. I've been meaning to put a post for this in the 'tips and tricks' thread over at TS for some time now

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

ebnertra000
Please do add a step by step procedure for linking hopefully accompanied by pictures. Thanks.

regards,
vince

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users