Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Locomotive Performance Test Reports Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

I am interested in obtaining (or viewing) copies of steam locomotive test reports with the same type of information in them as these. These reports have been invaluable in defining the operation of the steam locomotive.

In particular I am interested in the any modern PRR test reports, such as the M1, T1, etc. I have searched on the Internet, but cannot find any available so far.

However, generally, I would be happy to have access to any test reports that are available.

Sadly as I live in Australia, it is somewhat challenging for me to personally attend some of the likely research centres that might have copies available.

So if anybody is able to assist by sourcing a test report from a research organisation, or a friend, etc, I would love to hear from you?

These reports will significantly add to knowledge of the performance of steam locomotives.

Thanks

#2 User is online   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

Many PRR test reports are at Stanford University, just up the road from where I live. It's been some years since I was last there... I'll see if I can get there some time in the next month.

My prior visits were to copy sections of the ICC Commodity Classification Reports (several different years), much of which was transcribed into spreadsheets. I also obtained large parts of the ICC's 1% Waybill analysis, at least one year of the AAR Weekly carloading report, stuff like that. Little of that is useful to OR but it doers convey what can be found when you go looking.

#3 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Hi Dave,

Genma Saotome, on 20 November 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Many PRR test reports are at Stanford University, just up the road from where I live. It's been some years since I was last there... I'll see if I can get there some time in the next month.

Thanks for that, it would be great if you can get copies. At a pinch, the raw test data tables (typically at the end of each report) would be very helpful.

If any other members are able to contribute with say NYC reports on say the Niagara, that would also be helpful.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users