Elvas Tower: An essential file is missing and open rails cannot continue - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An essential file is missing and open rails cannot continue I'm at witts end Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:25 AM

I made up this activity last night and for the life of me I can not get this activity to work. Open Rails crashes when loading and gives me a message saying An essential file is missing and Open rails cannot continue.--C:\Mini NS Horseshoe OR\TRAINS\CONSIST\.CON . Looked thru the Activity, and services and can not find .CON listed anywhere. :wallbash: Am attaching the Open Rails log. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostConCat, on 12 November 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I made up this activity last night and for the life of me I can not get this activity to work. Open Rails crashes when loading and gives me a message saying An essential file is missing and Open rails cannot continue.--C:\Mini NS Horseshoe OR\TRAINS\CONSIST\.CON . Looked thru the Activity, and services and can not find .CON listed anywhere. :wallbash: Am attaching the Open Rails log. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Not an expert, but the .CON file is the consist you used for the activity. Check on the consist you created or specified for use.

#3 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Just a wild guess, but I would look at the consist file names used in the activity--one of them might have a space in front of the .con, causing OR to think that the letters/numbers preceding it are not part of the file name.

#4 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

This happened to me when I entered a consist name into the services file and I forgot to put Inverted commas around it.

#5 User is offline   ConCat 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

That is what happened to me :blush2: . Eye sight ain't what it use to be along with getting a bit absent minded with the age. Thanks for the responses folks. All is well now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users