• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE V 6931 crashes when opening RMD East Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

A brief description of my issue: Recently, I used RouteRiter to add a shape to the .ref file in the RMD East Route. Then I used the TSRE to add that object in one place on the route and deleted another object. Saved the changes (note: in settings, save changes to .tdb is set to "false"). Route opened fine in OR, no problems there. Now, though, when I try to open RMD East in TSRE, it nearly always crashes the program. Maybe one time out of 20 attempts, it will open. I replaced the changed .w and .ws file with the originals from a backup. So far as I can tell, TSRE modified only the single .w and .ws file in the route. After making the replacement with the original files, TSRE opened the route once, then crashed thereafter. Attached is the log file from my last attempt to open the route in TSRE. From what I can read, it shows a lot of errors in paths, etc.--that isn't surprising, there are a lot of activities in the route that may lack paths, services, consists, etc. Maybe Goku or someone can sort through the log file to find what might be causing the crash. Thank you in advance for looking at this. I haven't done any additional route editing, since I don't want to introduce an error into any other routes that might prevent TSRE from opening them.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  log.txt (35.22K)
    Number of downloads: 3

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

In Log I see that TSRE crashed during Path loading. Are these path files available for download?
Can you send me the path directory?

I think TSRE didn't damaged anything, you just were lucky first time with opening this route.

#3 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

I have not added a new path to this route since 2011, so whatever path(s) is/are causing a problem now was in the route before I edited the route a few days ago. I would suspect that most anyone creating activities will have some broken paths, missing paths, etc. in a given route. If those cause TSRE to crash, then I consider that a bug in the program. Ideally, the program should error trap the problem paths, etc. and report them, but not crash. I have not had a problem with any other routes crashing TSRE in prior versions of the program, even though I know that some of them have missing or broken paths in the Paths folder.

I believe this is another reason that the AE and Route Editor functions should be separated. When the user wishes to edit the route itself, there should be no reason for the program to concern itself with paths, services, traffic, etc. Conversely, the only reason that I can think of that allowing the AE to edit a route would be if a provision was made that route objects could be added to appear in a specific activity--for example, adding clutter (people, equipment, etc.) to a scene specific to activity (this is one of the relatively few features that Train Simulator 20XX has that MSTS/OR does not).

A zip file of the paths is attached. Thanks.

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:27 AM

Crash is not caused by missing or broken path, but parser error. I put loading of all the activity files specially in route loading process, because I want other usesrs to test this functionallity and help find loading bugs.

#5 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

So, how do I solve the parser error so that I can open the route in TSRE? Thanks.

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

It's my job. That's why I asked you for the files.

#7 User is offline   railguy 

• Engineer

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

Thanks, Goku. If you need any additional files, etc. please let me know.

#8 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Try new vwersion.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users