• You cannot reply to this topic

Feedback on V 0_693 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Goku, sorry about the delay in replying to your changes in version 693... board issues, route problems, etc.

* The water window is a HUGE help when dealing with rivers. The only add'l suggestion I can make is to point out the need for a compass. Knowing which way is North, etc, is important when using the new water window... it's just too awkward w/o a compass.

* The Put function remains a problem. My suggestion was to add controls to the Terrain window to fully manage flips, rotations, and scaling when first applying tertex art. You added it to the properties window. The difference means the guy using TSRE has to do both Put and do corrections in the properties window. If the controls were on the Terrain window he could specify what is needed and Put the art correctly in one pass. That way the only time he'd need to use the properties window to correct something is if he goofed in the first place. Now we have to always make corrections. The other advantage is the way tertex art is applied in the Put function is quite ideal -- fast and easy to do. IMO using the same methods to "apply" water (on or off) would be very, very nice.

* Good to see the name of the tertex file displayed. Still need to provide the same functions for microtex, tho that is a lower priority.

* WRT all of the textures displayed right underneath the Pick/Put/Load buttons: I have often wanted to remove a few of them as I had finished using some (or accidentally picked/loaded a duplicate). Can you add a Remove function that unloads the current selected tertex texture? Then we could do the occasional cleanup and remove art that is no longer part of the current task.

Q: Why is the select function so slow?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users